I don't want to live in a world where Corporations decide what we can and can't do...

theguru

But there isn't a federal law stating that you can rent a room at 18, that's the difference. If the law said that I could rent a room at 18 and you refused, you'd be in the wrong.

Where is the federal law saying at 18 you can buy a gun?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't a federal law saying you can buy a gun at 18 either. There is a Constitutional amendment that one can own a gun. It does not state that one attains that right at 18. It also doesn't say one has to sell a gun to all without restrictions.

No the law does allow that you can buy a rifle or shotgun at 18.

Where is the federal law saying at 18 you can buy a gun?

Federal gun laws allow the purchase of a long gun (rifle or shotgun) at 18.

Just like law says you can get a drivers license at 16, but what if your local circuit clerk refused to issue license until.you were 21?

No the law does allow that you can buy a rifle or shotgun at 18.

There's a law that says you have to allow an 18 year old to buy a rifle or shotgun? Or does the law say you are allowed to sell a rifle or shotgun to someone at 18? There is a difference.

That means a retailer is allowed to sell to someone at 18. That doesn't mean they are required to sell to someone just because they are 18.

Just like law says you can get a drivers license at 16, but what if your local circuit clerk refused to issue license until.you were 21?

Government and private industry are two different things.

Happens all the time, though the Second Amendment makes the case more compelling. I don't run across many non-employment age discrimination cases, but usually private groups or organizations wanting to set age limits are left pretty well alone in the ones I've seen.

Extremely compelling!

Do you agree that eventually the Supreme Court will have to rule on this issue?

Have there been any age discrimination suits alleging discrimination because the plaintiff is not old enough? To me, age discrimination suits have always alleged discrimination because the plaintiff is too old..........and, as Getslow has said, they always seem to involve employment issues.