Madison Central 72 South Laurel 71 (OT)

Glad everybody liked the updates.............This was an exciting game for sure, and I will gladly take the win on the road against a very good team.

I am not sure how well S. Laurel normally shoots but they shot the ball extremely well tonight. My son said coach told them in the locker room that Ramsey had 35....I believe it, he was on fire. The impressive thing was, they shot very few uncontested shots, just about every one had a hand in their face. Like I said, not sure if it was normal tonight, but they were impressive. On the defensive end they really didn't have an answer for Cozart, although few teams do. I felt like we missed a lot of opportunities down low by being late with the ball. All in all, I was very impressed with S. Laurel, they played very tough and should do well in the tournament.

Central had a lot of chances to put this thing away, and really missed some easy shots, chalk that up to scrappy defense, but we missed way too many chips shots so to say. On the defensive end, we played well, although giving up 70 pts doesn't look like it, but when I team shots that well there is not a lot you can do with that. Both Isaiah's, Cozart and Minter had really good games. Minter had to sit for a bit when he got his 3rd and that hurt us on the offensive flow. He is shooting the ball well and that will need to continue for Central to keep winning. We had a period in the 3rd, really the whole 3rd it seemed, where we could not buy a basket. It has been droughts like that, that have hurt us in our losses this year, defiantly have to shore that up before Friday and Cov Cath comes to town.

All in all, a good win for the team. It was a close one, and those tend to build character and toughness. On to Friday night when Covington Catholic comes to Richmond. Here is hoping that we give them the same welcome we gave Trinity and Ballard.

Rollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Tribeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

How many blocks with Cozart end his career with (rough estimate)? I read he is on pace to break all-time KY record, but unless he sets it real high will probably be short lived. Freshman Trey James of Sheldon Clark is averaging about 7 blocks a game and had quite a few last season as an 8th grader. I estimate Trey will be at 600 or higher by close of his career (Watched him get 12 or so more last night versus Betsy Layne).

Just curious as I like to follow these records as players careers progress.

How many blocks with Cozart end his career with (rough estimate)? I read he is on pace to break all-time KY record, but unless he sets it real high will probably be short lived. Freshman Trey James of Sheldon Clark is averaging about 7 blocks a game and had quite a few last season as an 8th grader. I estimate Trey will be at 600 or higher by close of his career (Watched him get 12 or so more last night versus Betsy Layne).

Just curious as I like to follow these records as players careers progress.

He is at 504 right now, so add a few more this season and avg of 220 over the last 2 years to get to next years number and I would think a rough guess would be 750ish. Some body might what to check my thinking but that is how I figure it.