2nd call for wintry precipitation (2/6-7/18)

nWo

For now, it looks like most of the possible snow accumulations will be in the Cincinnati/NKY area. I'm going to up my totals from 2-4" last night to 5-7". Also, parts of NKY could be looking at anywhere from .10-.50" of freezing rain accumulations. The heavier amounts will be just south of Cincinnati. The freezing rain could bright down some of the snow accumulation totals.

South of this area will mainly see from freezing rain to all rain. As most of the freezing rain will be along and around the Ohio River area. Those in the Louisville area could see around .25" in freezing rain accumulations.

WKY is looking at mainly a freezing rain event with possible accumulations from .05-.30". These could change if there is a shift in the track of this system.

The rest of Kentucky is looking at rain accumulations 1.5". This is the reason the flood watch was issued.

Snow

snku_012h.us_ov.png

Freezing rain

zr_acc.us_ov.png

Rain

90.jpg

Well, with that update, looks like I'm going to go get a hotel in Richmond.

So nWo, should my drive back to Independence be good by tomorrow evening?

It's going to be a close call if they get all of the snow and then the freezing rain. Temps will be around freezing most of the day in NKY.

Final update on this system

The track shifted north some overnight. So where the possible snow accumulations will be shifted some also. The Cincinnati/NKY area is now looking to get 2-4" of snow. With this shift, the freezing rain accumulations moved also. There is also now a chance for a greater amount of freezing rain accumulations, especially in the Winter Storm Warning area. The heaviest amounts look to be from .50 to .70" freezing rain accumulations. Those south of I-64 are now looking at mainly rain.

Here are the latest maps from the HRRR model. I switched to it because it gives a good look at where the wintry precipitation accumulations will be.

Snow

snow.png

ice.png