K. Payne on Vanderbilt's debut.......

oldrambler

I agree UK needs him to play. More depth is always a need with this team. But it would be nice if he was a guard because we have no guard depth at all. With Quade out, SGA playing 40 minutes is tough. But the last 2 games the first guard off the bench is Calipari. That’s not good. I’m more anxious to get Quade back out there than Vanderbilt at this point.

I agree UK needs him to play. More depth is always a need with this team. But it would be nice if he was a guard because we have no guard depth at all. With Quade out, SGA playing 40 minutes is tough. But the last 2 games the first guard off the bench is Calipari. That’s not good. I’m more anxious to get Quade back out there than Vanderbilt at this point.

Vanderbilt thinks he's a guard if that helps... :lol2:

He is on scholarship right. If he is hurt, leave him out. If he is free of injury and can play, then play him. If he wont play for fear of injury give him a ticket home. Dont want to start that trend

Yeah that would go over great. UK cuts a scholarship because they say he is ready to play but player doesn't think so. I'm sure that will go over well when recruiting, and wouldn't be used against UK by other coaches recruiting the same guys.

.... which would hurt his draft stock if he is seen as brittle.

It's all about potential. If he goes and test out great at the combine and looks good in 5 on 5 stuff in the pre draft stuff. Then he would be just fine.

If he plays this year and doesnt do great and then also gets hurt again. That hurts him more.

Uk needs him. He doesn't really need Uk at this point.

Yeah that would go over great. UK cuts a scholarship because they say he is ready to play but player doesn't think so. I'm sure that will go over well when recruiting, and wouldn't be used against UK by other coaches recruiting the same guys.

Loyalty goes both ways. Scholarships are only 1 year deals that have to be earned for the next year. If you want. let him stay in school for the remainder of the year, but there is no reason to create saga.