January 16, 20188 yr U.K. Asst. Coach Kenny Payne says that the coaches aren't going to push Vanderbilt's return. Possibly the Florida game ? Coaches are leaving it up to him (Vanderbilt). Kenny Payne on Vanderbilt: 'His speed is unbelievable'
January 16, 20188 yr Does Vanderbilt and his team feel he will hurt his draft stock by playing? Good question? Don't think we will see him play, if he does, till a home game.
January 16, 20188 yr Does Vanderbilt and his team feel he will hurt his draft stock by playing? I don't think it's fear of him playing and not looking good hurting his draft stock. I think it's more fear of a re injury.
January 16, 20188 yr I don't think it's fear of him playing and not looking good hurting his draft stock. I think it's more fear of a re injury. .... which would hurt his draft stock if he is seen as brittle.
January 16, 20188 yr I really don't see a benefit in playing for him at this point. They have two months to work him in, plenty of time. They need him.
January 16, 20188 yr They have two months to work him in, plenty of time. They need him. Agree :thumb:
January 16, 20188 yr I agree UK needs him to play. More depth is always a need with this team. But it would be nice if he was a guard because we have no guard depth at all. With Quade out, SGA playing 40 minutes is tough. But the last 2 games the first guard off the bench is Calipari. That’s not good. I’m more anxious to get Quade back out there than Vanderbilt at this point.
January 16, 20188 yr They have two months to work him in, plenty of time. They need him. No question UK needs him, but I'm not sure if Vanderbilt needs them. Having said that, if he doesn't want to play at this point he needs to come out & tell the staff that.
January 16, 20188 yr I agree UK needs him to play. More depth is always a need with this team. But it would be nice if he was a guard because we have no guard depth at all. With Quade out, SGA playing 40 minutes is tough. But the last 2 games the first guard off the bench is Calipari. That’s not good. I’m more anxious to get Quade back out there than Vanderbilt at this point. Vanderbilt thinks he's a guard if that helps... :lol2:
January 16, 20188 yr He is on scholarship right. If he is hurt, leave him out. If he is free of injury and can play, then play him. If he wont play for fear of injury give him a ticket home. Dont want to start that trend
January 17, 20188 yr He is on scholarship right. If he is hurt, leave him out. If he is free of injury and can play, then play him. If he wont play for fear of injury give him a ticket home. Dont want to start that trend Yeah that would go over great. UK cuts a scholarship because they say he is ready to play but player doesn't think so. I'm sure that will go over well when recruiting, and wouldn't be used against UK by other coaches recruiting the same guys.
January 17, 20188 yr .... which would hurt his draft stock if he is seen as brittle. It's all about potential. If he goes and test out great at the combine and looks good in 5 on 5 stuff in the pre draft stuff. Then he would be just fine. If he plays this year and doesnt do great and then also gets hurt again. That hurts him more. Uk needs him. He doesn't really need Uk at this point.
January 17, 20188 yr Yeah that would go over great. UK cuts a scholarship because they say he is ready to play but player doesn't think so. I'm sure that will go over well when recruiting, and wouldn't be used against UK by other coaches recruiting the same guys. Loyalty goes both ways. Scholarships are only 1 year deals that have to be earned for the next year. If you want. let him stay in school for the remainder of the year, but there is no reason to create saga.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.