The remainder of the LIT has been canceled / RESCHEDULED

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When has Trinity won anything last time I checked Fern Creek has beaten them and is the reigning LIT champs

And the KOB champs, so not wanting Trinity to win it again does not make much sense. In fact, this is a decision only about the concern of people related to the weather. The LIT is a money maker for JCPS Athletics and all the schools who play. They split the gate if they are playing in the session and if anything is accurate, nobody walks away from funding for their programs. Having Trinity play in a session is a good thing because of the crowd they draw. This is not a decision they made lightly, but the welfare of those who attend, players, coaches, & fans drove this decision.

When has Trinity won anything last time I checked Fern Creek has beaten them and is the reigning LIT champs

I was joking- note the laughing emoji

Have to come up with someting because the roads excuse seems a little lame if you've been out driving today. Certainly some slick spots but main roads are fine

I was joking- note the laughing emoji

Have to come up with someting because the roads excuse seems a little lame if you've been out driving today. Certainly some slick spots but main roads are fine

The JCPS AD said it is the concern of secondary roads. It may sound lame, but the money loss would not make them cancel unless there is a valid concern. People live on secondary roads and if a fan, coach, or player were to have had an accident traveling to the game it would have been a regret not to cancel. They errored if you want to call it that on the side of caution.

The JCPS AD said it is the concern of secondary roads. It may sound lame, but the money loss would not make them cancel unless there is a valid concern. People live on secondary roads and if a fan, coach, or player were to have had an accident traveling to the game it would have been a regret not to cancel. They errored if you want to call it that on the side of caution.

I can see making this call for school attendance but for a sporting event which is an optional event for the viewer I would think we could let people make their own decisions.

I would bet every single coach and player and their families would have wanted to take the "risk" to get out and play.

I think many times now a days we are overly cautious- Just my opinion

I can see making this call for school attendance but for a sporting event which is an optional event for the viewer I would think we could let people make their own decisions.

I would bet every single coach and player and their families would have wanted to take the "risk" to get out and play.

I think many times now a days we are overly cautious- Just my opinion

I hear what you are saying, but it is not optional for the players, many of them who drive or ride with other players to the school where they ride a bus to Valley. Odds are nobody would be involved in an accident, but in the event they were the AD who made the call would face all sort of trouble, including guilt if someone were seriously injured. So despite the kids wanting to assume the risk, as silo 11 said it is not easy to make the call.

As a parent if your young son wanted to hop in the car and go to the movies would you let them go? If it was all clear roads, probably so. If there were back roads you lived on that were not clear, then maybe not. The AD had to make the call knowing that probably not all kids were living on clear streets.

I guess my point is when does it end?

If it's raining the roads are slick and more accidents occur- do we cancel everything??

The sad fact is our over zealous legal system forces those in power to have to be way too conservative! Can't say I wouldn't make the same decision if in their shoes

In the end, we lose out on what would have been three really good high school Bball games!

I was out for awhile earlier. Main roads are fine. But most secondary roads have some bad spots. Let’s not forget, these kids would also have to get home tonight. The sun will melt a lot of spots, but as it gets dark they’ll freeze back over. If I had a 16 or 17 year old son, I wouldn’t want him out driving tonight.