The remainder of the LIT has been canceled / RESCHEDULED

Why they would not reschedule for next weekend with the same schedule instead of just canceling it surprises me. Trinity plays at Moore next Saturday, but everyone else is open. Moore would take some gate percentage and be happy not to face Trinity. Line them up another opponent and let them play before the LIT games if they want another game. The girls LIT does not start for another two weeks so Valley should be open next week. That is at least a way to get the event a true Champion given weather concerns. I agree it is bad to just cancel it when it could be rescheduled.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son's college track team had their trip to Lexington cancelled today as the school wasn't comfortable with the idea of transporting them to UK.

My son - a sophomore at Spalding University - was very disappointed. (so was I - I love watching him run) But I have to respect any decision - even if I personally disagree with it - that errs on the side of protecting people, especially teenagers who may be driving to one of those basketball games.

I have no problem with postponing today - it is the right decision. However, why not finagle the schedule going forward? There are only three games left to play. How about the semifinals on Wednesday night, finals the next Wednesday? And it doesn't have to be at Valley - just let the higher seed host each game.

I have no problem with postponing today - it is the right decision. However, why not finagle the schedule going forward? There are only three games left to play. How about the semifinals on Wednesday night, finals the next Wednesday? And it doesn't have to be at Valley - just let the higher seed host each game.

I agree. I think they could have found days to play.

Sounds reasonable.

Saw a van underneath a salt truck on Bardstown Road earlier. Maybe everyone should calm down with the “it’s fine in my neighborhood” stuff.

I don't recall anyone saying that. It's ridiculous to cancel a tournament after 70 consecutive years. Has is never snowed during the tournament before? What did they do in the past?

I don't recall anyone saying that. It's ridiculous to cancel a tournament after 70 consecutive years. Has is never snowed during the tournament before? What did they do in the past?

Scroll through this thread and you’ll see plenty of it. Would I like a championship game? Absolutely. Would I risk my child for it? Absolutely not.