If you go out of bounds...

JDEaston

Can you be the first person to touch the ball after coming back in bounds? For some reason I believe there was a rule against that but I just watched it happen and the announcers, nor the refs picked up on it. So I'm curious what the rule is on that?

Can you be the first person to touch the ball after coming back in bounds? For some reason I believe there was a rule against that but I just watched it happen and the announcers, nor the refs picked up on it. So I'm curious what the rule is on that?

You have to establish your feet on the floor in bounds before touching the ball after being out of bounds.

You have to establish your feet on the floor in bounds before touching the ball after being out of bounds.

The players feet (Kansas player) were certainly established but only half of their feet were. Heels were out of bounds. I was just curious on the call to be honest because it wasn't called and non of the tv guys even mentioned it. Seemed off to me and the tv guys usually pick up on that.

2015 UK vs Wisconsin game. Koenig tipped a ball back in near the goal and recovered it without putting his feet back inbounds. You have to re establish with both feet inside again is the rule I believe.

Of course I could be mistaken and I’m certainly not bitter. :lol2:

The “two feet” thing is a fallacy. As long as you’re not out of bounds you’re good.

So a kid standing out of bounds can jump back in and touch the ball as long as their body is in bounds and/or land back inbounds even if you touched the ball before you touched inbounds?