Breaking news in Tampa

swamprat

Tampa PD just tweeted that upon arriving at a solo vehicle accident at International Mall, they found the vehicle to be an abandoned Silverado registered to Desean Jackson. They found 6.3 grams of pot and 2 .38 caliper hollow point bullets in the truck.

Obviously any weed and leaving the accident is illegal. Is having two bullets in your vehicle illegal? Im all for legalization even though I dont indulge (people I know would benefit from medical), but you cant be doing that right now

I thought hollow point bullets were illegal to possess whether you have a gun or not. Might be just some states.

I would be wrong then. Why do you need hollow points though? You shooting buffalo?

You may not be wrong... I would not put it past retailers to sell something that's illegal.

I don't NEED hollow points. Just like most people don't NEED guns. The reason I use them is because my good friend that got me into shooting uses them, recommended, and I have bought them ever since. Don't have to by them often since I'm not using them at the range.

I thought hollow point bullets were illegal to possess whether you have a gun or not. Might be just some states.

I would think living at a compound you would know a little more about guns? Hollow points give you a little more knock down power, hunters like them as it helps to mushroom the bullets upon impact doing more internal damage. Actually more humane than shooting an animal with a harder tip.

Not sure why they even mention findings 2 bullets in a car. Nothing wrong wth that, that I know of.

It turns out that this accident happened Christmas Eve. It came up on TPD twitter on my phone last night while I was at a restaurant, eating dinner.

So Desean came to the accident scene when contacted, but was uncooperative after giving police the name of the "friend" who borrowed the truck without his knowledge. He refused to bring the person to the accident site or assist in determining the friend's whereabouts.

His representative told the press that "None of what was in the car was his obviously. He's dealing with the person that was using it without his knowledge privately. The incident is being handled." Jackson has retained an attorney.

BTW, hollow points are legal in Florida. I'm not sure why the TPD put that out there, though it is unusual to have .38 caliper bullets just lying around in your vehicle. The amount of marijuana found is a misdemeanor.

Click here for more.

I would think living at a compound you would know a little more about guns? Hollow points give you a little more knock down power, hunters like them as it helps to mushroom the bullets upon impact doing more internal damage. Actually more humane than shooting an animal with a harder tip.

Not sure why they even mention findings 2 bullets in a car. Nothing wrong wth that, that I know of.

I'm not allowed to handle guns at the Compound. You should know that. I'm not sure I understand why hunters would use them if they cause so much internal damage. Isn't that wasted meat?

I'm not allowed to handle guns at the Compound. You should know that. I'm not sure I understand why hunters would use them if they cause so much internal damage. Isn't that wasted meat?

I watch too much “Snapped” so I agree, good idea to keep all wives away from guns. Fine line between losing a little meat and losing a wounded animal.

I've never been a fan of DJax even though he's had some success on the field. His time as a Buc has been a bust. I'm surprised he couldn't find the pocket space for less than a 1/4 ounce of weed and two bullets.

Maybe His pockets were already filled with more weed and the gun that held the .38’s?