Breaking news in Tampa

swamprat

I would be wrong then. Why do you need hollow points though? You shooting buffalo?

You may not be wrong... I would not put it past retailers to sell something that's illegal.

I don't NEED hollow points. Just like most people don't NEED guns. The reason I use them is because my good friend that got me into shooting uses them, recommended, and I have bought them ever since. Don't have to by them often since I'm not using them at the range.

I think there's a lot of confusion as to what a hollow point bullet does, as far as the general publics perception. A hollow point isn't an armor piercing round. It's a common self defense round that essentially fragments on target, or is supposed to. Most law enforcement agencies use them for that reason but also because there is less chance of the round passing through the target and hitting something else; unintended target.

The person writing the article is using click bate and folks are eating it up. Dude could have had a glock 40 caliber in there and it would've been called a high powered hand gun similar to what police and the military use....

I would think living at a compound you would know a little more about guns? Hollow points give you a little more knock down power, hunters like them as it helps to mushroom the bullets upon impact doing more internal damage. Actually more humane than shooting an animal with a harder tip.

Not sure why they even mention findings 2 bullets in a car. Nothing wrong wth that, that I know of.

Exactly, click bate for those not familiar with the type of bullet.

I've never been a fan of DJax even though he's had some success on the field. His time as a Buc has been a bust. I'm surprised he couldn't find the pocket space for less than a 1/4 ounce of weed and two bullets.

Just now realized it was 6.3 grams and not ounces. I'm surprised they took the time to measure that.....

It turns out that this accident happened Christmas Eve. It came up on TPD twitter on my phone last night while I was at a restaurant, eating dinner.

So Desean came to the accident scene when contacted, but was uncooperative after giving police the name of the "friend" who borrowed the truck without his knowledge. He refused to bring the person to the accident site or assist in determining the friend's whereabouts.

His representative told the press that "None of what was in the car was his obviously. He's dealing with the person that was using it without his knowledge privately. The incident is being handled." Jackson has retained an attorney.

BTW, hollow points are legal in Florida. I'm not sure why the TPD put that out there, though it is unusual to have .38 caliper bullets just lying around in your vehicle. The amount of marijuana found is a misdemeanor.

Click here for more.

In other words, Desean has an imaginary fall guy and he told the authorities to stick it, move on, nothing to see here. :)

It's almost January. It's as though someone was trying to capture the biggest non story of the year, just in time.

swamprat is a big Bucs fan, he was passing along what he thought was new news.

I will add, if the NFL wanted to be consistent they would get very involved in this, make Desean produce the guilty party and make everyone confess, and if not lodge a guilty verdict (and NFL punishment) against Desean like they do in other cases that cannot be proven in criminal court.

swamprat is a big Bucs fan, he was passing along what he thought was new news.

I will add, if the NFL wanted to be consistent they would get very involved in this, make Desean produce the guilty party and make everyone confess, and if not lodge a guilty verdict (and NFL punishment) against Desean like they do in other cases that cannot be proven in criminal court.

Oh I'm not blaming swamprat, he didn't put this out as click bate but someone sure did.

I agree, just depends on if the NFL is still too busy being in the holiday spirit or not.

Edited by sportsfan41