Golf finally gets it right

The other thing that I like is the removal of the 2-stroke penalty for signing an improper scorecard because of a post-round infraction.

Honestly, if their "observer" can't find anything before the round is over, it should be officially closed anyway.

I still contend that the 4 stroke penalty on Lexi was in error and should have only been a 2 stroke penalty. The player did not sign an incorrect scorecard if the penalty is not assessed until the next day. The player signed what they and every official on the course believed to be a correct scorecard and it was the correct score at that time of the signature.

I still contend that the 4 stroke penalty on Lexi was in error and should have only been a 2 stroke penalty. The player did not sign an incorrect scorecard if the penalty is not assessed until the next day. The player signed what they and every official on the course believed to be a correct scorecard and it was the correct score at that time of the signature.

Yes, that was 100% stupid. I can't believe that rule existed as long as it did. Totally oblivious of reality. Nobody in their right mind is going to deliberately sign an incorrect scorecard...especially when the event is televised. It's not like some reporter is waiting for them at the next tee asking everyone "So, what'd you have on the last hole?"

Yes, that was 100% stupid. I can't believe that rule existed as long as it did. Totally oblivious of reality. Nobody in their right mind is going to deliberately sign an incorrect scorecard...especially when the event is televised. It's not like some reporter is waiting for them at the next tee asking everyone "So, what'd you have on the last hole?"

Well, unless you are knowingly cheating.

Nothing worse than the ridiculous 4 stroke penalties. Don't forget back in 2013 either the 4 stroke penalty assessed to Tiger because he got the unluckiest break of all time and nailed the pin on 15 and went in the water. He then took an improper drop too far behind where he previously hit and they didn't catch it until after the round. Tiger was in contention before that hole too. That hole cost him 5 shots and maybe the tournament. Golf is such an amazing sport that has been ruined too many times by stupid rules. I'm glad this is being taken care of.