Marshall 38 Cincinnati 21

16thBBall Fan

UC has a tough 2 weeks coming up. They host UCF next week and are at USF the following week. On top of that, USF will be coming off a bye week.

UC is just not a competitive football team right now, regardless of who they play.

Fick desperately has to get the talent level up. But he can’t get the top OH guys away from OSU and 4 out of 5 second tier guys are at UK beating South Carolina every year. Not sure where Luke goes from here.

You don't need 4 and 5 star guys to beat Marshall and Navy. You do need more talent that what the roster currently holds though. Guys like Jarell White, Mike Warren, Malik Vann and Josh Whyle are the future. Just going to take some time to erase the damage that was done prior to his arrival...

You don't need 4 and 5 star guys to beat Marshall and Navy. You do need more talent that what the roster currently holds though. Guys like Jarell White, Mike Warren, Malik Vann and Josh Whyle are the future. Just going to take some time to erase the damage that was done prior to his arrival...

Not sure he will be here long enough for it to have an impact.

You need a lot more than that to play in the B12, if that’s their end goal. Baby steps though, gotta get the guys to beat the teams you named.

You need a lot more than that to play in the B12, if that’s their end goal. Baby steps though, gotta get the guys to beat the teams you named.

I think he will get there. He has already assembled the best recruiting class in the history of the university (2018) and continues to garner a lot of attention with the 2019 class.

I don't want to sound like the crazy blame everything on Tubberville crowd but Fickell was left with very little. A great example of the lack of depth and talent on this team is the offensive line. How many teams in the country have 3 starting offensive lineman that were walk ons?

Offensively UC has very little. Not a quality quarterback on the roster, zero depth on the offensive line, and very little speed at the wide receiver position.

You can see that he is already starting to play kids from the 2017 class. Hawes came in and played well in the second half. I think you will see him more and more as the season goes on. Quality teams don't have to depend on freshman to make immediate impact.

I think he will get there. He has already assembled the best recruiting class in the history of the university (2018) and continues to garner a lot of attention with the 2019 class.

I don't want to sound like the crazy blame everything on Tubberville crowd but Fickell was left with very little. A great example of the lack of depth and talent on this team is the offensive line. How many teams in the country have 3 starting offensive lineman that were walk ons?

Offensively UC has very little. Not a quality quarterback on the roster, zero depth on the offensive line, and very little speed at the wide receiver position.

You can see that he is already starting to play kids from the 2017 class. Hawes came in and played well in the second half. I think you will see him more and more as the season goes on. Quality teams don't have to depend on freshman to make immediate impact.

Recruiting is improving, #49 nationally right now. If they could stave off Kentucky they could easily climb into the top 30.

There is nothing wrong with calling out TT’s talent level. It’s all validated and Stoops is still blaming Joker lol.

Agreed with above. You don't need 4 or 5 star guys to be good. You just have to evaluate talent better. Since 2012, WKU has had more kids drafted into the NFL than even UK, who has been drawing in big time 4 and 5 star kids. Western hasn't had a single recruit above a three star in our short time in FBS. I think we have benefited a lot from recruiting KY kids. They are often under-evaluated and under-appreciated simply because they are in Kentucky.

I think Cinci will be fine on talent if they keep up the recruiting success like they have for 2018. Doesn't take a team of world-beaters to win at our level, just a solid base with a few diamonds in the rough that end up making a huge difference.

This is slightly off topic. UK does have several 4 star players, but they do not have any 5 star players. The closest would have been Elam. He was a 5 star at one point, I believe, but he ended up a 4 star.

Just wanted to mention this, because I have seen several people in different threads say it.