Bishop Brossart at Bracken County 10/5

Who wins  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooksville, as i stated in the Paris thread and maybe you can research this for me. When was the last time Bracken County beat Bishop Brossart in any sport(baseball,basketball(girls and boys),volleyball,softball,football,etc.) since the Hammonds stall ball,ala Tony Yates victory in basketball way back when. Am sure there has to be the occasional victory in those various sports, but has Bracken County beat them when it matters. This is a must win district game, because playing Nicholas at Carlisle later in the season will be as huge a task as Thursday night's game. Here's hoping they get that Green monkey off of their back, but odds say.

BB 31

BC 28

^^ A quick check of Riherds finds the Mustangs leading the series 6-1 winning the last four encounters, with our last loss to the Polar Bears coming back in 2012 by the score of 13-12 in Brooksville, a somewhat controversial game that I remember as one that I always had confidence we would win, but when the clock hit zeros, we were still a point short.

2016 - Brossart 33-13 - Bob Miller Stadium

2015 - Brossart 36- 0 - Brooksville

2014 - Brossart 40- 0 - Brooksville

2013 - Brossart 56-28 - Scott High School

2012 - Bracken Co 13-12 - Brooksville

2009 - Brossart 38- 0 - Thomas More College

How well I remember that fateful night at the Campbell County Middle School, when the Polar Bear Basketballers pulled off perhaps the biggest upset of that post-season in the Commonwealth, playing a packed in 2-3 zone and ousting a 23-6 Brossart basketball team that had defeated the Bears 62-41 in the 10th Region "A", and then played into the finals of the "A" State before bowing to Hazard in the championship game.

The Mustangs came into that 38th District Tournament as HUGE favorites to beat Bracken County. We were coming off of just having won the Rupp Classic at LexCath, defeating a good Owensboro team 57-42, and a 77-41 conquest of Simon Kenton in Independence. Bracken County came into that game win an unremarkable 10-17 record.

I've always felt bad since that was the final game of the Willie Schlarman era at Brossart, leaving the following season to go back to his alma mater at Highlands to coach the Bluebirds. Mike Code assumed the head coaching position the following year (2004-05) and has been here ever since.

Bracken County, featuring Austin Crawford, have defeated the Mustangs on the hardwood the past two seasons. 71-66 on December 19, 2015 in Alexandria, and 65-53 most recently on December 16, 2016 in the Igloo.

Edited by Mustang

If the Mustangs big 3

Donnelly

Bezold

McDonald

made it out of the Ohio River uninjured, BC is in trouble

Both teams need this game, should be huge crowd with this being the only game in town on a Thursday, the buses will be ready to get people from the Middle School and library for this one

See this match-up being a slight edge to the Polar Bears. Ground and pound of Ludlow versus finesse of Mustangs was not a good match-up. Bears will replicate that game plan; but, without a Blackburn this game will be much more evenly matched. With Bracken's pass defense being superior to Ludlow's, I see Brossart's airgame being challenged. Donnelly gets two TDs, but with only one successful PAT, Bracken wins 25-14. Beware of a possible game changer.......would not be surprised if Donnelly doesn't return a short punt caught on the dead run for a 3rd TD.

See this match-up being a slight edge to the Polar Bears. Ground and pound of Ludlow versus finesse of Mustangs was not a good match-up. Bears will replicate that game plan; but, without a Blackburn this game will be much more evenly matched. With Bracken's pass defense being superior to Ludlow's, I see Brossart's airgame being challenged. Donnelly gets two TDs, but with only one successful PAT, Bracken wins 25-14. Beware of a possible game changer.......would not be surprised if Donnelly doesn't return a short punt caught on the dead run for a 3rd TD.

On paper PB's are better, with Ludlow being the one common opponent for comparison

BC almost beat Ludlow, while BB was running clocked

On paper PB's are better, with Ludlow being the one common opponent for comparison

BC almost beat Ludlow, while BB was running clocked

It is all about matchups. One could argue that the aerial game of the Mustangs will be a big challenge for the Polar Bears. Feel very confident that BC cannot stay with Donnelly. To negate this advantage Polar Bears have to keep the Mustangs' McDonald from getting his feet set. Most HS QBs don't throw as well on the run.

Does anyone know how to figure the possible playoff implications based on how the teams do win or lose in the remaining games, such as home field games, the possible draws in the playoff,etc. I know it's a ways out, but there are several on here that are good at figuring those things out. Thanks.

Does anyone know how to figure the possible playoff implications based on how the teams do win or lose in the remaining games, such as home field games, the possible draws in the playoff,etc. I know it's a ways out, but there are several on here that are good at figuring those things out. Thanks.

From khsaa.org:

In each Region in Classes 1A, 2A, 3A and 4A, the first place team from District 1 (1-1) will host the first round game against the fourth place team from District 2 (4-2), the second place team in District 2 (2-2) will host the third place team from District 1 (3-1), the second place team from District 1 (2-1) will host the third place team from District 2 (3-2), and the first place team from District 2 (1-2) will host the fourth place team from

District 1 (4-1)

Click on the link below for further rounds...

https://khsaa.org/football/footballplayoffinstructionswithforms.pdf

Brooksville, as i stated in the Paris thread and maybe you can research this for me. When was the last time Bracken County beat Bishop Brossart in any sport(baseball,basketball(girls and boys),volleyball,softball,football,etc.) since the Hammonds stall ball,ala Tony Yates victory in basketball way back when. Am sure there has to be the occasional victory in those various sports, but has Bracken County beat them when it matters. This is a must win district game, because playing Nicholas at Carlisle later in the season will be as huge a task as Thursday night's game. Here's hoping they get that Green monkey off of their back, but odds say.

BB 31

BC 28

Boys Basketball team beat them last year.