Apollo 31 Owensboro Catholic 24

Jumper_Dad

That is a big win for Apollo, who is 4-1 now. Congrats to the Eagles.

With Graves, Christian Co and Owensboro next up, the Eagles have a chance to make a run at the 5A rankings. A win vs. any of those three would be a strong statement.

That is a big win for Apollo, who is 4-1 now. Congrats to the Eagles.

With Graves, Christian Co and Owensboro next up, the Eagles have a chance to make a run at the 5A rankings. A win vs. any of those three would be a strong statement.

A good win IMO, not a big win. I think OCath is down and looking forward to dropping down to their own class and some district play. I'm not sold that they are the Aces of old. But they are definitely the #4 team in Owensboro right now.

I do agree that Apollo has a chance to make the strong statement with win(s) in the next few games. They are off to a good start and have been playing well going into the meat of their schedule.

A good win IMO, not a big win. I think OCath is down and looking forward to dropping down to their own class and some district play. I'm not sold that they are the Aces of old. But they are definitely the #4 team in Owensboro right now.

I do agree that Apollo has a chance to make the strong statement with win(s) in the next few games. They are off to a good start and have been playing well going into the meat of their schedule.

Catholic beat DC who Beat OHS who beat Catholic who loss to Apollo. I can't figure this out, but I don't think their is a clear #1 or #4 in the city.

Catholic beat DC who Beat OHS who beat Catholic who loss to Apollo. I can't figure this out, but I don't think their is a clear #1 or #4 in the city.

Yea, if it comes down to it, the Aces opening game win over Daviess could settle that up. But the way it's looking right now, each team is headed in different directions. OCath is struggling, and I see Daviess building off last night's win.

What is Warren's status? Did he play last night? It may be elsewhere on here, but I'm too lazy to look for it this morning....

I didn't make apollo game. Went to see the devils play D.C. That was a great game. Figs, according to the paper Warren has left the oc football team. Coach said that he didn't want to play anymore. Strange story and kinda sad. Gotta be more to this story. Hope kid decides to play, I saw some games last year and the D.C. Game this year and thought he was very good. Thought he and Blare were willing oc to win that game. I'm trying to find out more info

Oc will be fine now, their district is probably as bad as it's ever been so I'd expect them to romp next few games. Apollo can really block and tackle, got some Qb issues, but their line plays with a purpose. They will win a few more gam s this year.

OC is definitely looking for an identity right now.... Their defense shows flashes of being good then look lost. Offensively the new QB made some good throws but then missed on some others and upfront on the o line they look confused. The good thing for them is they should coast through their district and traditionally they are always playing good ball heading in to the playoffs. I think Edge has some more work to do than normal... Also, aside from Warren they were missing Kolbe Hamilton who is big play WR. Even though Apollo deserved to win, if that game is 4 minutes longer, OC wins it. Good luck to both Apollo and OC going forward.

I was at the game Friday and Apollo kicked OC in the mouth early. Peyton Peters has completely solidified his spot as a 1st Team All State receiver. If the Louisville, Lex, and Northern Kentucky sports writers watch this kid play 1 game, it would be hard pressed to find a better route runner and sure handed player as this one. He's a High School version of Wes Welker.

I was at the game Friday and Apollo kicked OC in the mouth early. Peyton Peters has completely solidified his spot as a 1st Team All State receiver. If the Louisville, Lex, and Northern Kentucky sports writers watch this kid play 1 game, it would be hard pressed to find a better route runner and sure handed player as this one. He's a High School version of Wes Welker.

Great info Eagle! I will be paying attention to the Eagles now for sure.

How do you see the game with Graves County going?