Your Crabapple tree...

ThrillVille Cardinal51

Would you let someone pick your crabapples?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you let someone pick your crabapples?

• 1 month later...
The walnuts are falling like crazy in my backyard woods if anybody wants a barrel or two. I suggest you bring a hard hat though!

I have 3 black walnut trees around my house. We can't go out on our deck in the fall for fear of getting nailed by a failing walnut. I would say I have a pile close to 500 black walnuts. The squirrels are getting fat on those and the 10 trillion acorns that have fallen in my yard.

There are actually a handful of crabapple trees planted in Louisville along a few sidewalks...I believe they're the dolgo variety. Anyway, I've picked 10 or so pounds the last few years now. They make KILLER jelly and a pretty solid pie, if you like your apple pie a little on the tart side of things.

Dude my wife and I made crabapple jelly about a month ago, it's the bomb!

Truthfully, it's maybe 50% crabs, 50% honey crisp.

But still, the only ingredients were fruit, sugar and water. Boom. Delicious jelly.

There are actually a handful of crabapple trees planted in Louisville along a few sidewalks...I believe they're the dolgo variety. Anyway, I've picked 10 or so pounds the last few years now. They make KILLER jelly and a pretty solid pie, if you like your apple pie a little on the tart side of things.

Also, which streets if you don't mind my asking? Dolgo are apparently the prized crabapples.