Caldwell County quarterback quits football

Guest fogdog.com

Guest fogdog.com

Burns has left the team to focus on his baseball career at Murray state per twitter reports from Kentucky New Era. Big loss for the Tigers

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prolly a good decision by Shane, his future would be in baseball although he was a very good quarterback. It will hurt the Tigers because the backup never got the chance to throw the ball much. His inexperience might hurt for while but he will be able to lead the team and is a junior this coming year and has been in the system and knows the offense.

Prolly a good decision by Shane, his future would be in baseball although he was a very good quarterback. It will hurt the Tigers because the backup never got the chance to throw the ball much. His inexperience might hurt for while but he will be able to lead the team and is a junior this coming year and has been in the system and knows the offense.

Maybe. It's not like he's an elite baseball prospect. I bet at some point in his life, he'll wish he had played his senior season and I would assume that at some point next season he will wish he was out there. He's probably more of a baseball guy.

Guest fogdog.com

He was a great high school quarterback. Has the scholarship to Racerville and might not want to get hurt. Wonder if Murray made the call. They will miss him

Joby Jaggers

Bad decision. I've got 6 reasons why he shouldn't quit football.

1. Justin Marks- Reliver for Dodgers played on Owensboro Catholic 2005 team

2. Neal Holland Reliver in Triple A for Nationals.

3. Stewart Ijames- 2005 football team. Double A for the As

4. Cole Sturgeon- Double A for Red Sox

5. Ray Zuberer- WKU

6. Madden Richardsen- WKU.

Football never affected any of these guys, yet the all played college ball at UL except Zuberer and Richardsen WKU as to which they are playing for now.

Unfortunately someone from the baseball world is going to ruin his career. It's a shame and travel baseball is a scam.

Guest fogdog.com

If he got an offer from Murray that is good for education but one of the bad teams in the conference

If he got an offer from Murray that is good for education but one of the bad teams in the conference

Actually, they had a decent season and are one of the up-and-coming teams in the conference. Recruiting has been strong under the new coach.

I understand that Burns' college choice came down to Murray State and Eastern. Murray has surpassed EKU in baseball lately.

Bad decision. I've got 6 reasons why he shouldn't quit football.

1. Justin Marks- Reliver for Dodgers played on Owensboro Catholic 2005 team

2. Neal Holland Reliver in Triple A for Nationals.

3. Stewart Ijames- 2005 football team. Double A for the As

4. Cole Sturgeon- Double A for Red Sox

5. Ray Zuberer- WKU

6. Madden Richardsen- WKU.

Football never affected any of these guys, yet the all played college ball at UL except Zuberer and Richardsen WKU as to which they are playing for now.

Unfortunately someone from the baseball world is going to ruin his career. It's a shame and travel baseball is a scam.

And those guys have nothing to do with Burns. It sucks to see a good player walk away from the game. But if his heart isn't in it, I get why he wouldn't want to play. Playing or not playing is a personal decision, that only the player and his family can make.

Edited by rjs4470

And those guys have nothing to do with Burns. It sucks to see a good player walk away from the game. But if his heart isn't in it, I get why he wouldn't want to play. Playing or not playing is a personal decision, that only the player and his family can make.

Wish nothing but the best for the kid. But 90% of the time some baseball coach told him he would be better off not playing football. Those guys above were told that too, but they didn't listen cause their college coach at UL encouraged them to play high school football. UL coached loved football players cause they can play hurt and overcome adversity. These are not my words. These are the words from a very successful college baseball coach.

Again wish nothing but the best for the kid. I just hope it was 100% his decision.

Wish nothing but the best for the kid. But 90% of the time some baseball coach told him he would be better off not playing football. Those guys above were told that too, but they didn't listen cause their college coach at UL encouraged them to play high school football. UL coached loved football players cause they can play hurt and overcome adversity. These are not my words. These are the words from a very successful college baseball coach.

Again wish nothing but the best for the kid. I just hope it was 100% his decision.

I'm not disputing the benefits of playing multiple sports or what college coaches are looking for. Just saying that if the kid's all about baseball, and just doesn't love football, I can see why it would be easy for him to walk away from football. No reason to believe there's a college coach or summer coach behind the scenes feeding this kid bad info. He's already got the ride at Murray, correct?? Why risk injury playing a sport that's secondary to what you want to do??

I'm not disputing the benefits of playing multiple sports or what college coaches are looking for. Just saying that if the kid's all about baseball, and just doesn't love football, I can see why it would be easy for him to walk away from football. No reason to believe there's a college coach or summer coach behind the scenes feeding this kid bad info. He's already got the ride at Murray, correct?? Why risk injury playing a sport that's secondary to what you want to do??

Again, those guys got offered by an elite baseball school, ALL played for a college World Series, and still played high school football. Did not get injured. The ones that have quit football always got injured or simply quit playing baseball.

Nothing against Murray, it's a great college, but those guys played at an elite level and playing pro baseball. One is a pitcher in the MLB, "big boy" baseball, and never got injured.

Again, wish nothing but the best for the kid. I hope he does well, but with my experience with this. I'm willing to bet the kids decision is not 100% his.

In this age of concussions and travel baseball far be it from me to criticize a kid and his family for any decision they make.

Best of luck to Burns in his decision. It was very fun following his football career the past two years.

:thumb: