Caldwell County quarterback quits football

Guest fogdog.com

I don't know the kid. Do you?

I've dealt with this a 100 times.

How many times have you? None probably.

You don't be a starter since sophomore year and pass for all those yards and just quit.

Again! Someone(travel coach) has given him bad advice. He was going to play until a week before the dead period. Why quit now? Oh the travel coach told him.

Even if the travel coach told him he needs to quit it doesn't mean he quit because of the advice given. Who's to say he hasn't been getting that advice for years? Who's to say it wasn't his plan all along to not play football this year but didn't have the heart to quit before he made that choice? Has he signed with Murray State? Who's to say he isn't working to get a better offer and can only do that by playing baseball in July in front of coaches who can give him a better offer?

I'm not saying he didn't get bad advice and took that bad advice. He very well may have quit for the exact reason that you are stating. At the same time, if we don't know for sure if that is why he quit football then I don't think we should speculate one way or another on who, what, when or why he quit and just pray that he made the decision on his own and that it doesn't prove to be a mistake.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic