6 Year Old Boy Shot Dead In Back Seat Of Stolen Car In Mississippi

From Fox News:

Three young Mississippi men on Thursday were arrested hours after a 6-year-old boy was found shot dead in his mother's stolen car and the suspects will be charged with capital murder, authorities said.

Madison County District Attorney Michael Guest announced at a news conference that authorities plan to charge Byron McBride, D'Allen Washington and Dwan Wakefield in the death of the child.

Authorities found Kingston Frazier shot at least once in the back seat of his mother's stolen car, which Jackson Police Cmdr. Tyree Jones said was abandoned in a muddy ditch about 15 miles north of the Kroger parking lot where he was taken.

“All they had to do is let this kid off on the side of the road, at a grocery store, at a church, anywhere else, but they chose to kill the kid,” a sheriff spokesman said, according to The New York Times.

Frazier had gone missing after 1 a.m. Thursday when a man was seen on video taking the car from the parking lot of a supermarket in Jackson, the state capital, according to authorities.

The mother, Ebony Archie, left the boy in the car, its engine running, while she went inside the supermarket early Thursday, sheriff's deputies have said.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a horrible, yet preventable tragedy. Obviously, the accused should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law; however, the mother should be racked up on charges as well. I've NEVER left my kids in the car unattended, even if going from the gas pump to the cashier. Not only did she leave the boy in the car, she left the engine running. I'm sorry, but she needs to be prosecuted as well. If you can be charged with leaving your child in a hot car then you should be charged with endangerment, manslaughter or something. Am I wrong on this?

This is a horrible, yet preventable tragedy. Obviously, the accused should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law; however, the mother should be racked up on charges as well. I've NEVER left my kids in the car unattended, even if going from the gas pump to the cashier. Not only did she leave the boy in the car, she left the engine running. I'm sorry, but she needs to be prosecuted as well. If you can be charged with leaving your child in a hot car then you should be charged with endangerment, manslaughter or something. Am I wrong on this?

No, but yeah. She will be prosecuted for the rest of her life for knowing IF she hadnt left him in the car. The way she looked tells me she will be suffering the rest of her life.

Whoever shot the boy should be put to death ASAP.

Such a senseless tragedy.

Without knowing her story/situation I feel that there is a chance you could be wrong on this one. The car was stolen at 1:30 in the morning correct? The question is what is she doing out at 1:30am with her kid? Did she just get off of work and was picking him up from someone's house to get him home and need to run into the store quickly for some reason? What is her story? I don't want to condemn her for something without knowing why she did what she did. Either way I do think prosecuting her for anything is way too harsh.

Without knowing her story/situation I feel that there is a chance you could be wrong on this one. The car was stolen at 1:30 in the morning correct? The question is what is she doing out at 1:30am with her kid? Did she just get off of work and was picking him up from someone's house to get him home and need to run into the store quickly for some reason? What is her story? I don't want to condemn her for something without knowing why she did what she did. Either way I do think prosecuting her for anything is way too harsh.

I'll concede that her story could shed some type of rational light on why her 6 year old was left in a car with a running engine at 1:30AM. Maybe this is me passing immediate judgment when I shouldn't. I've seen it too many times where a child is left in a car unattended and I always cringe. Things can and do go wrong.

Without knowing the story, she left a 6 year old in a running car at 1:30 AM. Now her kid is dead. That's the only part of the story that matters.

Did she intentionally harm her kid? My guess is no. Was it a stupid thing to do? Yes. Prosecute? I think she will live her own personal hell over this.

Without knowing the story, she left a 6 year old in a running car at 1:30 AM. Now her kid is dead. That's the only part of the story that matters.

Did she intentionally harm her kid? My guess is no. Was it a stupid thing to do? Yes. Prosecute? I think she will live her own personal hell over this.

Agreee to disagree. If she got off work at 1am and picked up her kid and remembered that she needed milk for his cereal in the morning and decide to run in the store real quick then I can hardly find fault in her actions. She may not be physically capable of carrying around a sleeping 6 year old kid through the grocery store. I'm thinking if she thought her kid was going to be in danger of being kidnapped and shot while being in the car while it was stolen then her kid just would go hungry a little while longer when he wakes up.

Agreee to disagree. If she got off work at 1am and picked up her kid and remembered that she needed milk for his cereal in the morning and decide to run in the store real quick then I can hardly find fault in her actions. She may not be physically capable of carrying around a sleeping 6 year old kid through the grocery store. I'm thinking if she thought her kid was going to be in danger of being kidnapped and shot while being in the car while it was stolen then her kid just would go hungry a little while longer when he wakes up.

Well it didn't work it too well for her? No one thinks this kind of stuff happens. I'm sure I've left my kid in a locked car, but NEVER in a running unlocked car.

No one can escape God's plan. Doesn't matter if you lock your car or not.

Since God is the one in charge I'm assuming you don't lock your car doors or home? Didn't think so. Bad things happen all of the time, some can be avoided. Time to do what one can do to prevent as much as possible. It's not always someone else's fault.

Since God is the one in charge I'm assuming you don't lock your car doors or home? Didn't think so. Bad things happen all of the time, some can be avoided. Time to do what one can do to prevent as much as possible. It's not always someone else's fault.

I don't lock them at home, work or Wal Mart and we leave our back door open for our dogs to go outside while we are at work. What's going to happen is going to happen. If you think a locked door is going to stop a crook then you've been blessed to never have met a real crook. Locked doors don't stop God's plan.

I lock my vehicle every time I get out of it if it's not within my view. That includes at the gas pump, post office, grocery store, or my driveway. Same with my house. I lock the doors even when I'm home in the daytime. I'm probably a little paranoid but I don't want to become just another statistic.