Open Job: Lloyd Memorial

WOW! May be just me but this is a big surprise. Coach Key has done a good job there.

Don't know the situation, but is it possible he's retiring from teaching/administration? We've seen that a few times over the years; a person retires and the job has to be posted, although the coach is actually returning.

Don't know the situation, but is it possible he's retiring from teaching/administration? We've seen that a few times over the years; a person retires and the job has to be posted, although the coach is actually returning.

I have no idea what the situation is behind the change, but I wouldn't put Mike much over the age of 40...although he does have a few kids in their earlier years, so perhaps he is just looking to be able to spend some more time at home.

Looking at the team, they lose five key contributors to graduation, and seven seniors altogether, but as of now, return a talented trio of seniors-to-be, in Isaiah Voet, Jamal Neal, and Evan Molitor. I'm not too familiar with the underclassmen, but Devin McClendon's younger brother, Devion is a PG with a nice game.

Defending their district title will be a tall task, but the development of Neal and Voet keep it in play.

• 4 weeks later...

I know that there were waiting to hire an Athletic Director before proceeding with this position. I have no first hand knowledge but have heard interviews will take place in the next week or two. Have a couple friends that applied for the position, but I wonder how many they will interview.

I know that there were waiting to hire an Athletic Director before proceeding with this position. I have no first hand knowledge but have heard interviews will take place in the next week or two. Have a couple friends that applied for the position, but I wonder how many they will interview.

Are these assistant coaches? What region? Not asking for names just curious who is going after the job.