Lucasville Valley, OH. @ (1A) Raceland ...thoughts

oldrambler

Who wins this cross state matchup ?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this cross state matchup ?

• Lucasville Valley, OH.
    • Raceland

Raceland returns to their friendly confines of Ram Stadium this week to host an excellent football program in Lucasville Valley, OH.. Last season, Raceland played one of their better games all season and came up short to a powerful Valley team, I think at that time they were ranked #2 in their OH. classification, they always have some excellent athletes.

Raceland's beloved Rams are having a very good (4-0) season thus far with wins over 4A schools Ashland and rival Greenup County. Can Raceland keep up the roll they are on or will the Ohio school de rail the Rams ?

Any Thoughts , predictions ??

Raceland's "Orange Crush" defense has really been playing well. QB Davidson is establishing himself as one of if not the best qb in NEKY and beyond. The Rams O and D line play has been dominating by blowing their opposition off the ball all season.

I also love the way that the Rams players as well as our fans have not been over praising and or building them up to be unbeatable this year. "Want Praise ?" ...go out and earn it each week.

So far this team's attitude and focus this season has been good, have been going out each week prepared, determined on their opponent and not looking past anyone. What we like to call it around these parts, just ..........TCB !

Raceland 23

Valley 16

It looks like Valley may be a little down this year. They are 0-3 and were beat handily by Coal Grove, OH

Usually Raceland and Coal Grove seem to be pretty equally footed it seems

I will take the Rams over Valley by 16-20

Thanks for your input, I wasn't sure on how they were doing this season or if any of their excellent players on last season's team were graduated or returning.

I know that we're being more "subdued" this season but C'mon Ram fans, where are you at ? We have been playing pretty good thus far. .... GEEZ ! Don't make me have to call you out, if oldrambler ain't happy - Nobody's happy ! :lol2:

RAMS .... Make a " Commitment to Excellence" each week.

I think the lack of posts isn't from being subdued, it's just letting the team go out and take care of business. They're doing their talking on the field instead of letting their mouths override their butts like some of the last year or two has. They know more about what is said on these threads than what people realize. So, I think that the less hype we build up on threads, the less chance they will lose the goal they have in sight.

Just looking at it all on paper coupled with Raceland taking last years Valley team down to the wire, who was an "all-time" school team, Raceland should roll. May be a bit hungover from last week, but I say the Rams by as much as they want.

Btw, championship caliber teams dont get hungover after a big game. That is the next hurdle to jump imo.

I think the lack of posts isn't from being subdued, it's just letting the team go out and take care of business. They're doing their talking on the field instead of letting their mouths override their butts like some of the last year or two has. They know more about what is said on these threads than what people realize. So, I think that the less hype we build up on threads, the less chance they will lose the goal they have in sight.

No one has to tell me about knowing the kids read / know what's being said online. I have been on BGP for around 10 years and this one is the only one I go on. I have read a couple of those other sites and was reminded of a "national enquirer" type or all out hate speech forum..... imo those are trash and I won't bother wit them.

Every post I have made on our threads, I stay positive. I have in past seasons tried to tell other fans not to build up so much. I praise them when they win and tell it like it is when they lose. I will not call out any h.s. kid by name from any school unless it's to give them am "atta boy" and or compliment. Any criticism ....I usually say "the team", not criticize or slam an individual kid personally. Adults ... that's a different story, lol.

RAM TIME .... I was just wanting people to post on this one, not wanting to blow up anything. I just like to read / discuss certain issues ... like high school football.

Actually, some one posted / ask about where were all of the Raceland fans in an early season post and I along with a couple of others basically said what you just did.

Just wanted to let you know where I stood and didn't mean to "ramble":D on. :thumb: