35th District Tournament

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first option for breaking the 3-way tie is to have each team vote for who they think the #1 team is.

My understanding is that CCH and BW voted for CCH. So CCH gets Holmes.

If CCH is the newly ranked #1 team in the State (according to the Herald Leader), I am guessing they should be the #1 team in their District. Seems logical if that is one of the tiebreaker actions.

The first option for breaking the 3-way tie is to have each team vote for who they think the #1 team is.

I heard HC also voted CCH #1.

If CCH is the newly ranked #1 team in the State (according to the Herald Leader)' date=' I am guessing they should be the #1 team in their District. Seems logical if that is one of the tiebreaker actions.[/quote']

I doubt that was taken into consideration.

Another thread had the games moving to Holmes, that was never OFFICIAL. Beechwood AD Wera had a lot of people in her ear, each of them with their own motives. The decision was made at Beechwood and by Beechwood and supported the host school's team to retain homecourt advantage. Kudos to Wera and Beechwood admins. for making this decision while under a lot of outside pressure. :)

I think what was taken into consideration is that BW & HC liked their chances of playing each other rather than Holmes or CCH.

My comment about the #1 team in the State was more in jest, saying that if a team is #1 in the entire State, one would think they are good enough to be #1 in their own District. Time will tell if they are the best team in the District, the Region, and ultimately the State.

IMO: most ridiculous way to break a three way tie. Best option is to do a blind draw or point differential.

It is hard to believe that CCH would rather play a Holmes team that they had to come back late in the 4th quarter to beat than to play a Beechwood team they recently smoked by like 30 or a HC team which isn't playing their best ball because their best player is still trying to recover from a injury.

As ABBPlayer said, it is basically more about Beechwood & HC wanting to dodge Holmes and CovCath for a easier chance to get to the regional.

IMO: most ridiculous way to break a three way tie. Best option is to do a blind draw or point differential.

It is hard to believe that CCH would rather play a Holmes team that they had to come back late in the 4th quarter to beat than to play a Beechwood team they recently smoked by like 30 or a HC team which isn't playing their best ball because their best player is still trying to recover from a injury.

As ABBPlayer said, it is basically more about Beechwood & HC wanting to dodge Holmes and CovCath for a easier chance to get to the regional.

If it was point differential, CCH would be the #1 because of the large margin of victory over Beechwood

Another thread had the games moving to Holmes, that was never OFFICIAL. Beechwood AD Wera had a lot of people in her ear, each of them with their own motives. The decision was made at Beechwood and by Beechwood and supported the host school's team to retain homecourt advantage. Kudos to Wera and Beechwood admins. for making this decision while under a lot of outside pressure. :)

Suzy wanted to move the games to Holmes and it was going to happen but the powers above made the right decision and moved it back to Beechwood...

This is a terrible way to decide such things. Say what you want about a coin flip, but the "coin don't care". Voting on who the best team is makes no sense, especially when you are tied for first. Why would a coach NOT vote for his team if he is tied for first? A coin flip is random, as it should be.

Good to know.