35th District Tournament

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes is terrible. They have no shot against CCH. They have only shown up for a handful of games this year and that is assuming there is a level of talent on this team, which I think is a reach. They were pitiful vs NCC and will get pounded by CCH.

Holmes is who I thought they were. A .500 team.

I think Holy Cross would have beaten them again. This is not a vintage Holmes team.

Holmes is terrible. They have no shot against CCH. They have only shown up for a handful of games this year and that is assuming there is a level of talent on this team, which I think is a reach. They were pitiful vs NCC and will get pounded by CCH.

I think Holy Cross would have beaten them again. This is not a vintage Holmes team.

Tell us how you really feel :lol2:

I can't argue with them not being a vintage Holmes team, and they most definitely have struggled this season, but with that said they still are not completely void of some decent young talent that I expect to see more from in the next couple of seasons.

Aside from that, there's still Markel McClendon who arguably is one of the best players in the region. I certainly wouldn't pass him up when choosing sides. Kid is so smooth and quick.

I wouldn't put my money on them getting past CovCath in the districts, but let us not forget that just a little over two weeks ago they did play them pretty tight deep into the 4th quarter showing that they're no slouch, and still are capable when clicking on all cylinders, to give any team in the region a game.

They're without a doubt the best .500 team in the region, and I'd go as far as saying that .500 for them is a little misleading.

They've had trouble this season finding any one player that they could rely on to be a consistent pure shooter. At times they can look brilliant, but just not enough times.

McClendon does have a bit of a perimeter game, but maybe just not consistent enough, but you can still rely on him to work hard the whole game to do whatever he can to put some points on the board any way that he can get them.

I still expect for them to bring their "A" game and play their hearts out against the Colonels, and even manage to make a game of it for perhaps a little while.

They are very much challenged this season compared to many Bulldog teams of the past, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that they are terrible.