Predictions for the Sweet 16?

The brackets are out? Whats your predictions and what potential matchups are y'all looking forward to? The top half looks possibly much tougher than the lower bracket. Great chance for a smaller/unexpected team to make a run @ the final 4 or finals. Who knows the way this season is going! The 7th vs 9th region winner will be a great first round matchup.

final 8 I will say Dunbar vs Mercer County Cov Cath/ Male vs Murray. (7th is virtually impossible to predict this yr. Just have a feeling its Male's year in all sports). Owen County vs Christian County and Bullitt East vs north hardin.

Christian county vs Bullitt East and Dunbar vs Male/ Cov Cath winner.

Dunbar vs Bullitt East champ game

Out of my last 4 its possible none of them even make it to Rupp. Fun year!

I'm not even gonna front. I'm very hesitant to make a prediction without seeing who has won their regions yet. I can list about 15 teams with a legitimate chance to win the Sweet 16 this year and half of them won't even win their region. :lol2:

Very true. This is gonna be a great post season for KY basketball. Who knows who will win each region.

Very true. I am personally hoping for Owen County to make a run. They've never made it to Rupp and this would be the year for them to make it. Would also love to see Carson Williams play on the big stage in Lexington.

Also, a kid like Tyler Sharpe or Jordan Perry could get hot and carry their teams. Just fun to speculate.

Any potential matchups or players you'd like to see face off? The region tournaments should be equally fun and unpredictable this year.

Very true. I am personally hoping for Owen County to make a run. They've never made it to Rupp and this would be the year for them to make it. Would also love to see Carson Williams play on the big stage in Lexington.

Also, a kid like Tyler Sharpe or Jordan Perry could get hot and carry their teams. Just fun to speculate.

Any potential matchups or players you'd like to see face off? The region tournaments should be equally fun and unpredictable this year.

Agree with the bolded. This would be huge for Owen Co. Love it when schools make it for the first time. Also would love to see Morgan Co go.

As already mentioned, this post-season will be fun because of the parity but I will give it a guess based on my observations this season. Here are my regional champions;

Perry Co Central vs Murray

Male vs Cov Cath

Scott Co vs Mercer Co

Bowling Green vs Morgan Co

Lawrence Co vs Bullitt East

Campbell Co vs North Hardin

South Laurel vs Christian Co

Oldham Co vs Meade Co

After watching Lou Central i would certainly not count them out

I agree.

The last few seasons I think you could comfortably pencil in either Trinity or Ballard. That just isn't the case this year. I could see any one of the following winning three games in a week to win the Seventh:

Male

Ballard

Trinity

Eastern

Central

St. Xavier

The locals say you could rob a bank in Owenton the day the Rebels make it to Rupp. Everyone outside the 8th region should be Owen County fans and hope that Carson Williams gets to showcase why he's the Mr. Basketball frontrunner in Lexington. Most fun player to watch in Kentucky

Edited by MentschTrachtGottLacht
Eliminate text type abbreviations

The locals say you could rob a bank in Owenton the day the Rebels make it to Rupp. Everyone outside the 8th region should be Owen County fans and hope that Carson Williams gets to showcase why he's the Mr. Basketball frontrunner in Lexington. Most fun player to watch in Kentucky

I agree about Carson. His game is at another level. I would like to see how the UK and U of L coaches react if Carson leads Owen County to the state title. I can not believe neither program recruited a great instate player like Carson who is also a tremendous student. It is one reason I am having trouble staying a UK fan. They recruit supposed 5-star players like Skal and Briscoe, neither of whom are as good as Carson Williams. Just my opinion, and I hope Owen County gets to the Sweet 16.

Here's what I picked in the Sweet 16 in November contest. I still feel good about most of them:

1st Region: Murray

2nd Region: Christian County

3rd Region: Breckenridge County

4th Region: Bowling Green

5th Region: Taylor County

6th Region: Bullitt East

7th region: Trinity

8th region: Owen County

9th region: CovCath

10th region: Montgomery County

11th Region: Dunbar

12th Region:Mercer County

13th Region: Clay County

14th Region: Perry County Central

15th Region: Lawrence County

16th Region: Rowan County

Edited by LCDAWGS19
I can't spell

I don't know about UK or UL but programs like a Minnesota for example or even Dayton would be a good spot for him. A school like Notre Dame possibly since he's a 4.0 student as well. I know for sure he'll work as hard as any guy @ NKU and represent them well. A great steal for my alma mater.

On a side note, some smaller school at the D2 level should be looking at their guard, Toftness. Kid can play and shoot.

Edited by MentschTrachtGottLacht
Eliminate text type abbreviations

I may be mistaken, but I believe Mr. Basketball will be named prior to the state tournament just as last year. Personally, I dont like this, but the KY Lions Eye Foundation raised a ton of money selling tables at their banquet doing it this way last year. I must admit, the food is outstanding though.