Enjoy this warm weather

nWo

Just thought I would look ahead to the second week in January. Everyone should enjoy this warm weekend. The 10 day GFS is showing a very big cool down. The following map is showing a very cold air mass heading towards us. This map is at the very end of the 10 day run. It shows that afternoon highs in the teens maybe coming. Maybe nighttime lows around 0.

gfs_850_10d.gif

Also snow? We'll just have to wait and see. I'm still of the opinion that winter is not over yet and the worst is yet to come.

gfs_pres_10d.gif

Just thought I would look ahead to the second week in January. Everyone should enjoy this warm weekend. The 10 day GFS is showing a very big cool down. The following map is showing a very cold air mass heading towards us. This map is at the very end of the 10 day run. It shows that afternoon highs in the teens maybe coming. Maybe nighttime lows around 0.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54557[/ATTACH]

Also snow? We'll just have to wait and see. I'm still of the opinion that winter is not over yet and the worst is yet to come.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54558[/ATTACH]

I hope your forecast is right, but looking ahead on the Weather Channel 10 day forecast for our area in northeastern Ky. is calling for just normal temps after the thunderstorms on Tuesday, no snow,no bitter cold. I think that 5 inch snow was it for winter and lots of people are still complaining about that even

I hope your forecast is right, but looking ahead on the Weather Channel 10 day forecast for our area in northeastern Ky. is calling for just normal temps after the thunderstorms on Tuesday, no snow,no bitter cold. I think that 5 inch snow was it for winter and lots of people are still complaining about that even

Remember this is at the end of the 10 day run so the really cold weather wouldn't have really reached Kentucky yet. As I stated in the past I don't pay attention to the any of the tv weather forecasts anymore.

Here are looks at the next 3-4 weeks temperature and precipitation. They were showing higher than normal temps and below normal precip. That has now changed on both outlooks to equal chance so imo winter is not through with us yet.

temp

WK34temp.gif

precip

WK34prcp.gif

Not even close, we still have 2-3 more snow days to go.

I hope we don't get another 18 inches of the white stuff. As of today snow still had some of the fairways covered on our golf course. It takes a while to get rid of a:eek: foot and half of snow. And it knocked our kids out of 8 days of school.

As of this morning, after Tuesday I see the highs through next Sunday in the mid to low 40s range with the lows in the high to mid 20s. With little chance of precipitation. Now it is the second week of February I was talking about where I see a change in both temps and precipitation coming.

The beginning of the second week of February I'm seeing highs in the mid to lower 30s and falling into the mid 20s by Tuesday. Especially in NKY with a chance of some type of precipitation by midweek.

Sounds like right on cue the weather gets cruddy around the start of baseball activities in Kentucky.

No doubt!! I know last year in February and March they were plowing snow off the football field at CCH in order to practice. Piled 6' high in both end zones. New field this year, don't see it happening!!

If I'm not mistaken we've received more snow the last few years in February and March than we did in Jan.

No doubt!! I know last year in February and March they were plowing snow off the football field at CCH in order to practice. Piled 6' high in both end zones. New field this year, don't see it happening!!

If I'm not mistaken we've received more snow the last few years in February and March than we did in Jan.

Lots of indoor practices for the programs that have that option.

Enjoying it nWo was not a problem. Had a great weekend outside with family. Took down Christmas lights/decorations and threw baseball with my son. Even opened up the house and flushed out all the "winter air."

My enthusiasm is short lived I know. We'll get another snowfall or two before the bulbs break through. :jump: Winter/spring in KY is always an adventure!

Just took another look at next week's outlook. That is one really cold air mass heading in our direction. Looks like we are really looking at the possibility of Hi temps by the middle to end of next week in the teens. Lows could be around 0. We are still about a week out so things could change.

Now on the possibility of snow. The models are having a really difficult time on reading the weather next week because of the very cold air mass. So we will just have to wait and see.

gfs_850_9e.gif