Enjoy this warm weather

nWo

Taking another look at next week. Winter looks to make a come back. We should see hi temps in the teens by the middle of next week. Also it looks like we could have several shots at some light snow. Accumulations are impossible to forecast at this time. So just keep checking back to see if we need to bring back out our shovels.

Also the 6-10 day outlook shows us having a chance at below average temps.

610temp.new.gif

This map is for Thursday morning

gfs_850_12h.gif

Here's the first indication of snow accumulation for Monday-Tuesday time frame. First this is a very early outlook. Widespread 1-2" look to be possible in Kentucky from the I-65 corridor all the way to EKY. This includes NKY and southern KY.

This is very early and I will update as we get closer.

This map is centered around 7 pm est Monday night.

prb_24hsnow_50prcntil_2016020600f072.gif

Saturday morning update:

It seems for now that the accumulation totals have gone up for parts of Kentucky east of I-75. Cities in this area include Maysville, Flemingsburg, Carlisle, Mt. Sterling, Ashland, Stanton, Paintsville, Pikeville. 2-4" can be expected in this area by Tuesday morning.

It looks like it will be a short cutoff west of this area. This cutoff seems to be just west of I-75. Cities in this area are Taylorsville, Lebanon, Russell Springs, Jamestown, Monticello, Williamsburg, Corbin, London, Somerset, Manchester, Barbourville, Richmond, Lexington, Frankfort, Florence and Cincinnati. 1-2" can be expected in this area. West of this area looks to be little or no accumulation. It looks to be all rain in WKY.

It looks to start out as rain Sunday night. By Monday morning some could be seeing a mixture of freezing rain/sleet for the morning commute before it changes over to all snow.

I'll update as we get closer to Monday. Take care and have a blessed weekend.

Sunday night around 7 pm EST

98fndfd.gif

Monday morning around 7 am EST

99fndfd.gif

Snow accumulation map

prb_24hsnow_50prcntil_2016020612f072.gif

Sunday afternoon update:

I'm going to move the snow line further west. At least to about Henderson City. Included in this area will be Hopkinsville, Bowling Green, Louisville around 1-2".

I still feel pretty good about my earlier outlook. May have to raise the forecast totals in EKY but I want to wait and see till later this evening or in the morning.

Monday morning update:

I think most of the highest snow accumulation will be east of I-65. West of I-65 a dusting to around 1". East of I-65 2-3"". There seems to be an area centered around I-75 that could see 3-4"". This is from around Scott Co. down to Rockcastle Co. NKY 1-3". Also parts of EKY 2-4". Extreme SEKY could see 4-6".

I'll update later today.

Edited by nWo