Belfry at Newport Central Catholic

Watusi

Belfry comes to NKY in week 2, which I think is Sept 9, 2016 to take on Newport Catholic.

Does NCC still play on Newport's field? Last time Belfry played there it was in the semifinals in 1985.

I'm looking forward to this game, just not the travel. I was expecting a lot of NCC faithful to make the trek to Pond Creek last fall, but it didn't pan out. I understand that, it is a long drive.

Who wants to buy me dinner? :D

Belfry comes to NKY in week 2, which I think is Sept 9, 2016 to take on Newport Catholic.

Does NCC still play on Newport's field? Last time Belfry played there it was in the semifinals in 1985.

I'm looking forward to this game, just not the travel. I was expecting a lot of NCC faithful to make the trek to Pond Creek last fall, but it didn't pan out. I understand that, it is a long drive.

Yes but since the last time you were their it has become a turf field.

They do play at the same field as Newport. Long drive from Pond Creek.
I remember Belfry's band had a hard time finding the field in 1985. The game had started and you would see their bus go by on 471 (I think), then a few minutes later, it would go by the other way. They finally made it, but it was an ordeal, LOL.

I'm sure that we will get together after you get Lawnboy's tour of all things NewCath.

I would buy you dinner any day. :D

I would buy your dinner also.

I owe you dinner and then some for hospitality when I venture into your neck of the woods.
You don't owe me anything, there is no ledger among friends. However, I am happy to accept your offer. :D

And the list grows :banana: I may have to make a week of this trip.