Apparently PP92 started to write for Grantland.

Countdown to the ?Entourage? Movie, Week 1: The Cinematic Event of a Lifetime Is Nearly Upon Us. Get Ready. «

The dream reunion project — once plagued by unfortunate intrafamilial misunderstandings framed as petty salary disputes by a click-obsessed tabloid media determined to tear the boys apart — will arrive in theaters four Wednesdays hence, on June 3, a full two days earlier than its originally announced June 5 release date. Is there a better sign of Warner Bros.’s confidence that its Little Entourage Movie That Could is ready to steamroll the unfortunate also-rans the other studios have foolishly decided to lay down in the path of their juggernaut than giving it that momentum-generating head start? Melissa McCarthy’s Spy and Insidious: Chapter 3 will have to settle for third and fourth place behind the second-place, second-weekend tally of The Rock’s San Andreas. Write it in the sky above the Laurel Canyon hiking trail so that every executive in Hollywood can cower beneath the soon-to-be-fulfilled prophecy. Cut open Turtle’s stomach and let the entire town read his steaming entrails to confirm the augury. Sorry, The Rock. Sorry, Melissa. Sorry, Dermot Mulroney. First place is locked up. Sleep in that Sunday, the celebratory call isn’t coming. The Entourage boys, all tousle-headed and bleary-eyed from a debauched weekend of box office victory, are coming to eat your brunch. Drama sneers at your EDITED pancakes, bro.

To prepare us for the cinematic event of the summer — nay, the decade — we’re going to initiate a weekly countdown to V-day.1 Starting right now, we’re going to meet every Wednesday, right here, to lather ourselves into an anticipatory frenzy worthy of the mind-shattering delights that await us on June 3. May the report of our collective high fives startle the sleepy workers in the majestic dream-factory below. Let’s do this.

There aren't words to describe how geeked I am for this movie. I may even go see it opening night. That's breaking character for me. I've watched the whole series twice since it ended. I'm on season 4 of The Wire on my second time through it. Easily my Top 2 favorite shows. Super. Geeked.

I need The Wire at the movie theaters now.

• 5 weeks later...
I had never watched the show but went and saw the movie. I really enjoyed it, was very entertaining. Started watching the show and am already on the 2nd season.

Being able to see the series before the movie takes the movie to a whole new level.

Loved every minute. If you loved the show you'll love the movie. I know I am the biggest Entourage apologist on BGP but the movie was everything I expected and I loved it. I can't wait to see it again. Excellent!!!!!

VICTORY!!!!!!!!

As a huge Entourage fan myself, let's be honest, it wasn't a good movie. The cameos were awesome, but it felt like a long reunion show. As an Entourage lover that is cool by me, but it wasn't that great. I thought the Ronda Rousey inclusion was flimsy. Vinny gets the ladies, but E is a pimp in his own right. Ari is still hilarious, especially when it comes to giving Lloyd hell. Thought the ending was cool with Johnny Drama. There is some strange connection we all have to Drama, with the superstar "lil Bro" always believing in him and Johnny just trying to find his way. You knew it was coming, but it was well timed.... "VICTORY!"

• 11 months later...