Jail time for cheating

littleluck55

When I read the title I was thinking a little overboard to send students to prison for cheating. These were the people in charge of our students. They changed their standardized test scores to show huge improvements to make the schools/themselves look good. Some of the students can not even read and write. Apparently, this was a huge story but I just read about it.

Prison time for some Atlanta school educators in cheating scandal - CNN.com

Without reading the link, working for the government comes with extra responsibilities and extra punishments when you do wrong.

I am not talking about elected officials, obviously they have completely different standards.

Know what you are saying, but I'd imagine that the biggest issue is the misappropriation of federal funding. I don't agree with the standardized testing being the end-all, be-all measure of student progress and what a school is actually teaching, but there's a better answer than this.

Without reading the article, I think there's a good piece on things like this in Freakonomics.

Why aren't some of the UNC educators responsible for the fake grades and classes looking at some jail time? Do universities not receive federal funds too?

I am trying to figure out why the UNC thing is taking SO LONG to figure out. When are the courts/NCAA going to announce anything??