Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jail time for cheating

Featured Replies

When I read the title I was thinking a little overboard to send students to prison for cheating. These were the people in charge of our students. They changed their standardized test scores to show huge improvements to make the schools/themselves look good. Some of the students can not even read and write. Apparently, this was a huge story but I just read about it.

 

Prison time for some Atlanta school educators in cheating scandal - CNN.com

Without reading the link, working for the government comes with extra responsibilities and extra punishments when you do wrong.

 

I am not talking about elected officials, obviously they have completely different standards.

Know what you are saying, but I'd imagine that the biggest issue is the misappropriation of federal funding. I don't agree with the standardized testing being the end-all, be-all measure of student progress and what a school is actually teaching, but there's a better answer than this.

 

Without reading the article, I think there's a good piece on things like this in Freakonomics.

Without reading the link, working for the government comes with extra responsibilities and extra punishments when you do wrong.

 

I am not talking about elected officials, obviously they have completely different standards.

 

:laugh:

Why aren't some of the UNC educators responsible for the fake grades and classes looking at some jail time? Do universities not receive federal funds too?

Why aren't some of the UNC educators responsible for the fake grades and classes looking at some jail time? Do universities not receive federal funds too?

 

I am trying to figure out why the UNC thing is taking SO LONG to figure out. When are the courts/NCAA going to announce anything??

If Bill Clinton didn't go to jail for lying under oath then they shouldn't go to jail.

Big thing I heard happened was the cover up that ensued. I think they even used RICO on these folks.

Totally agree with the judge on this.

 

Somewhere along the way educators(not all) have lost their true purpose. Educate our children!!!

 

Getting a kid ready for life based on a test is a joke. It takes a village to raise a child.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.