Duke Next Season

UKMustangFan

Let's assume the champions lose Winslow, Okafor, and Jones. Cook is a senior and is gone.

They'll be bringing back Matt Jones, Grayson Allen, Amile Jefferson, and Marshall Plumlee.

They're bringing in Chase Jeter, Luke Kennard, and Rice big man transfer Sean Obi.

Is there anyone else that is still undecided considering the Blue Devils?

My first thought looking at the potential makeup of the roster is, who plays PG?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a real good point guard out there(forget his name), but think he can leave after his junior season in high school and play for Duke next year, if Jones goes pro. Maybe someone can help with more info and the players name

I'm sure Allen will be at Duke next season. He probably wants to put together a full season of better stats as a starter.

There was someone on this board that thought Grayson Allen was a player if given more than walk-on minutes from the start of the season, can't recall who that was.

That was the McDonalds game Allen last night on a none bigger stage.

There was someone on this board that thought Grayson Allen was a player if given more than walk-on minutes from the start of the season, can't recall who that was.

That was the McDonalds game Allen last night on a none bigger stage.

Allen will be back.

There's a real good point guard out there(forget his name), but think he can leave after his junior season in high school and play for Duke next year, if Jones goes pro. Maybe someone can help with more info and the players name

Derrick Thornton is his name, I believe.

Derrick Thornton is his name, I believe.

I think it's 'Derryck', but I have seen some things on him possibly reclassifying. I think Louisville is in the mix for him as well (or at least had been mentioned with him at one point... read about him a few days ago and am unsure of when the article was dated).

Allen is not a one and done player.

Actually anymore these days there are a lot of players that aren't one and done type players yet they still go. UK has a couple who 10 years ago if you could go one and done wouldn't be but this era more go simp,y because they can more than going because they should.

Booker and Lyles are a couple off this years UK team that really shouldn't be one and dones yet will still get drafted in the 1st round.

I think it's 'Derryck', but I have seen some things on him possibly reclassifying. I think Louisville is in the mix for him as well (or at least had been mentioned with him at one point... read about him a few days ago and am unsure of when the article was dated).

you're right

Actually anymore these days there are a lot of players that aren't one and done type players yet they still go. UK has a couple who 10 years ago if you could go one and done wouldn't be but this era more go simp,y because they can more than going because they should.

Booker and Lyles are a couple off this years UK team that really shouldn't be one and dones yet will still get drafted in the 1st round.

I get your point, BUT, we are talking about Allen who is not going anywhere next season. He will be back because, he will want a solid year in a starting role. He is not a Corey Meghette, or however you spell his last name.