Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke Next Season

Featured Replies

I

And I actually know how to post that mixed tape on BGP, but there are no NBA scouts on here that is going to draft him ;-)

 

ACC gonna be really good next year at the top. UNC UVa and Duke may all be preseason Top 5. Cards probably crack top 15. Miami and NC State return a lot and should be Top 25. Can't imagine Syracuse will be down again when the have the tourney to play for. And Danny Manning is building something nice at Wake.

Edited by TheFauxTiger
Sorry, quoted wrong post.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I

 

ACC gonna be really good next year at the top. UNC UVa and Duke may all be preseason Top 5. Cards probably crack top 15. Miami and NC State return a lot and should be Top 25. Can't imagine Syracuse will be down again when the have the tourney to play for. And Danny Manning is building something nice at Wake.

 

I thought the Pack lost a couple of key players. :idunno:

Allen, Plumlee, Jones, Jefferson, Kennard, Thornton, Obi, Ingram, Jeter.

 

I can dig it.

 

Curious at how he will do the starting line-up. My guess.

 

Thorton, Allen, Jones, Jefferson, Jete. Kennard 6th man. Depends if Obi beats out Jefferson too.

Curious at how he will do the starting line-up. My guess.

 

Thorton, Allen, Jones, Jefferson, Jete. Kennard 6th man. Depends if Obi beats out Jefferson too.

 

Practice would be fun to follow to see who earns it. I'm thinking:

 

Thornton, Allen, Kennard, Ingram, Jeter/Jefferson. I'm thinking the freshman earn their starting jobs over Jones and Jefferson. Grayson is more versatile than Jones so I give him the nod over Jones as well. Jones, Jefferson and Obi come in off the bench and are sprinkled in nicely. Plumlee as well.

 

Hell, K can go a lot of different ways with it for real.

Just watched YouTube videos of all of them so I could get familiar with them. I'm ready now. Let's start the season.

If Luke Kennard can play D on that level, he will play, perhaps start, he is that good offensively. He shoots the ball like JJ Redick, in the gym range. Unlike JJ, he has the ability to get to the rim off the bounce and create his own shot. My guess is Jefferson continues to come off the bench, that was a good role for him and he handled it with class. Jeter is a bit frail, not sure he can hold up vs the kids from UNC in the paint which may keep him in the backup role at the 4/5. Assuming K has fallen in love with Matt Jones at the 3, he starts.

 

Thornton

Allen

Jones

Ingram

Obi

 

Kennard

Plumlee

Jeter

Jefferson

 

That's almost Cal type depth and talent. Duke is going to be very good. Plummlee played very well down the stretch, plays good D and brings great energy and he finally figured out his niche Also have the proverbial 7 foot project coming in, assume he will be RS but if he proves viable that's another body.

Does Duke and UK play this year in the Champions Classic? I know UK has either Duke or Michigan State.

Does Duke and UK play this year in the Champions Classic? I know UK has either Duke or Michigan State.

 

Yep, UK & Duke.

 

Champions Classic started with UK beating Kansas the Anthony Davis year. Lost to Duke the Nerlens Noel year. Lost to Michigan State the Randle year. Beat Kansas again this past year. Now we'll lose to Duke again unless Cal can pull a major recruiting coup this week.

Yep, UK & Duke.

 

Champions Classic started with UK beating Kansas the Anthony Davis year. Lost to Duke the Nerlens Noel year. Lost to Michigan State the Randle year. Beat Kansas again this past year. Now we'll lose to Duke again unless Cal can pull a major recruiting coup this week.

 

Yeah, I was worried they were. Might not be fun in here around November.

Yep, UK & Duke.

 

Champions Classic started with UK beating Kansas the Anthony Davis year. Lost to Duke the Nerlens Noel year. Lost to Michigan State the Randle year. Beat Kansas again this past year. Now we'll lose to Duke again unless Cal can pull a major recruiting coup this week.

Annihilation. UK may have to throw in the towel by the third TV timeout.

 

We are looking at a Duke dynasty, folks. 40-0.

Just watched YouTube videos of all of them so I could get familiar with them. I'm ready now. Let's start the season.

 

I'm in. LETS GO!

Yeah, I was worried they were. Might not be fun in here around November.

 

That's what you think :lol2:

 

Also I tracked down that thread from last time they played. Some people were convinced UK would be great at the end of that year. Here it is

That's what you think :lol2:

 

Also I tracked down that thread from last time they played. Some people were convinced UK would be great at the end of that year. Here it is

 

I think the UK predictions were based on not seeing the psyche of Ryan Harrow unveiled yet, and not foreseeing the loss of Noel with about ten games to go. I think many felt the great game AP had vs Duke was going to be a norm rather than an exception that year.

I think the UK predictions were based on not seeing the psyche of Ryan Harrow unveiled yet, and not foreseeing the loss of Noel with about ten games to go. I think many felt the great game AP had vs Duke was going to be a norm rather than an exception that year.

 

Agree with all of this. :thumb:

 

I was just checking on Poythress...I believe he has led UK in scoring just 3 games in his career. The Duke game was one of them.

 

I can remember watching that game & I can even remember PP92 commenting about how Poythress was outstanding. If you would have told me after that game that he'd still be in Lexington as the 2015-16 season approaches...

That's what you think :lol2:

 

Also I tracked down that thread from last time they played. Some people were convinced UK would be great at the end of that year. Here it is

 

I thank you for bringing that thread back into light because it provided me with this gem:

 

You're gonna lose gracefully to me for the rest of your life in everything. Fantasy(basketball and football), pick em, college basketball, horseshoes, bowling, darts, Monopoly.

 

Last night was just practice.

 

And to that I say :sssh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.