Never been more disappointed in my fellow wrestling peeps than right now....

plantmanky

For Louisville St. Xavier wrestler Dominic Lampe rules strict but fair | Tim Sullivan

Reading about the Lampe situation on another site (PM if you want a link) Ive never been more disappointed in my wrestling peeps. Kid knowingly broke the rules and as such has to suffer his fate of not wrestling in regionals this weekend, and not competing in the state tournament as a defending state champion. The fact that coaches that I know on that site stating the kid should be allowed to wrestle, should suffer punishment after wrestling season and that the kid shouldn't be punished at all, is disappointing.

I first gave kudos to the dad of Lampe as he posted right away on the site, to stop any rumors on the situation. He posted that he disagreed with the harshness of the punishment, but they accepted it and are moving on. By moving on they are taking Lampe to wrestle in a tournament in Tennessee, being that he cant wrestle in regionals now. That makes sense right?

Ive sat on this a couple days, and the more post there are about it the more disappointed I am getting. Ok rant over thanks.

I was getting ready to post the same link in the wrestling "regionals" thread.

I'll have to reread the article as I thought he was going to wrestle in Chattanooga Tn next year in college. Unless he is banned from being around his team, I'd think he would be there supporting his team at regionals and state. Everything I've read/heard the family is a class act.

For Louisville St. Xavier wrestler Dominic Lampe rules strict but fair | Tim Sullivan

Reading about the Lampe situation on another site (PM if you want a link) Ive never been more disappointed in my wrestling peeps. Kid knowingly broke the rules and as such has to suffer his fate of not wrestling in regionals this weekend, and not competing in the state tournament as a defending state champion. The fact that coaches that I know on that site stating the kid should be allowed to wrestle, should suffer punishment after wrestling season and that the kid shouldn't be punished at all, is disappointing.

I first gave kudos to the dad of Lampe as he posted right away on the site, to stop any rumors on the situation. He posted that he disagreed with the harshness of the punishment, but they accepted it and are moving on. By moving on they are taking Lampe to wrestle in a tournament in Tennessee, being that he cant wrestle in regionals now. That makes sense right?

Ive sat on this a couple days, and the more post there are about it the more disappointed I am getting. Ok rant over thanks.

I'm with you. With the number of people that complain about how professional and college athletes get away with everything or get special treatment, for so many people to now complain and call for him to get special treatment is mind boggling. I agree the punishment is harsh, but I give St X credit...they are consistent. Of course this line of thinking got me called all kinds of names including a Nazi.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 8

I'm with you. With the number of people that complain about how professional and college athletes get away with everything or get special treatment, for so many people to now complain and call for him to get special treatment is mind boggling. I agree the punishment is harsh, but I give St X credit...they are consistent. Of course this line of thinking got me called all kinds of names including a Nazi.

RJS your first post on that site was dead on my thoughts and Im glad you posted it. Its very disappointing what others think.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 14

Athletes especially should be self disciplined enough to take care of their bodies. To be using a tobacco product right before competition, by someone who is in leadership in your program, is a serious matter and should be disciplined regardless of the administrative rule.

Athletes especially should be self disciplined enough to take care of their bodies. To be using a tobacco product right before competition, by someone who is in leadership in your program, is a serious matter and should be disciplined regardless of the administrative rule.

Many dont see it that way.

Seems like the family is taking the high road, Their kid was punished and they want to get it over with and just move on. Not sure why non family members are making a huge deal out of it if his family isn't.

But, I do think that the schools policy is a bit reaching, even out of the sport season and even off campus? It is what it is though.

But to be carrying it in your backpack on school grounds? Can't complain about the punishment too much.

The policy is clear cut. I played there and my sons were all athletes there. You sign a contract so you know the rules.

Every parent meeting begins with a review of the drug and alcohol policy. Bring drugs on campus or an event and you are gone. X has expelled last semester seniors. If you have a problem they will work with you.

X has upheld its policy and will probably not win a championship that it would have contended for. What would the outcry have been if X let him compete and punished him later so it could win, and then word got out?

This situation is very unfortunate. The young man will learn from this situation. This is the difference between St. X and other catholic high schools and JPCS schools. There is no "grey" area here. Every athlete at X knows the rules. I think St. X should be commended for their effort is this situation. I know other schools that have let their star player(s) play in regional and state football championships when they have come under the gun for use of drugs . . . There is a difference between St. X and the other school.