10th Region Player and Coach of the Year

What say you?

Player-Brent Bach, Augusta

Coach- John Brown, Robertson County

I think Brown is a good choice for coach. I would throw in O'Hearn and Holland.

For the player, I think it will be Bach, but Wallace is just as deserving. It would be hard to argue against either of them.

While I think Bach is deserving I also believe Shawn Johnson (aka Mr. Double Double) should be in the conversation. As for coach I would say coach Code at BB of coach O'hearn of mason IMO. We play coach Brown and the black devils tonight so my opinion might change.

Montgomery Co only one loss and Coach Holland did not get COY...seems as if the 10th region coaches have spoken loudly.

The awards haven't been decided. This is just some friendly discussion about those who we believe have a chance to win.

I would say the fans have spoken mildly would be more accurate.

How about a little POY love for my boy Alex Trentman. Averaging over 20ppg, with 25 consecutive double-figure scoring outings. Certainly was dominant vs Augusta in the "A" where Bach was held to 16.

I too like Bach and won't be surprised when he wins the award - incredible numbers, and has to play against gimmick defenses night in and night out. But head to head?????????????????

Mustangs still a bit of a mystery among 10th Region schools since we haven't played Clark, Montgomery, or Mason County.

Will play Mason County tonight, and hope to play MoCo and Clark in the regional tournament.

They spoke pretty loudly last year when Happy was snubbed.

Was the message that Coach Hinson had a phenomenal year, leading Augusta to a district championship? I would agree with and applaud that message.

Typically, the coach of the year goes to the coach whose teams accomplishments most exceeded expectations. The Indians, both last year and this, were pretty heavy favorites in the 10th for the entire year. It is not unusual that the coach of such a team would not win the award for coach of the year, because they are seen as having done what they were supposed to.

How about a little POY love for my boy Alex Trentman. Averaging over 20ppg, with 25 consecutive double-figure scoring outings. Certainly was dominant vs Augusta in the "A" where Bach was held to 16.

I too like Bach and won't be surprised when he wins the award - incredible numbers, and has to play against gimmick defenses night in and night out. But head to head?????????????????

Mustangs still a bit of a mystery among 10th Region schools since we haven't played Clark, Montgomery, or Mason County.

Will play Mason County tonight, and hope to play MoCo and Clark in the regional tournament.

I watched the matchup of Augusta and Brossart at NKU. That one game as a comparison you would have to go with Trentman. He had over 30 and was all over the court. I think in the 10th though a lot of teams don't get to see Brossart or Campbell County and would go with the big stats players or the player from the team that goes the farthest.

Pulled up stats from KHSAA, not sure how accurate they are as only partial numbers were posted for 2 of the teams?

Trentman has scored 20.7 PPG and he is averaging 8.7 rebounds. His shooting % is 64.3% from the field and 48% from 3 point range. Pretty impressive.

I've not seen Walace play but he too has strong numbers. 18 PPG, 55.5% from the field, 41.5% behind the arc. 4.6 boards. With 3 other guys on his team that average double figures PPG (not rounded up). Cisero has not been mentioned but noticed he is 13 PPG 63.9% and 8 boards per game. He has only attempted 3 treys and lacks a bit from the line 55%.

Bach averages an amazing 30 PPG and 5.4 boards per game. Shooting is 59% from the field and 33% from way back.

Mason has Shawn Johnson that averages a double double at 13.8 and 10.3. Shoots 61.4% from the field. 0-7 from threesville.

Seems like Holbrook has not had the year I was thinking he would have, but I could not locate stats for Camp Co.

Not sure of others in the 10th, but had the KHSAA website open so I played around a bit.

I may head over to Alexandria tonight for the Mason County/Brossart game.