Lloyd 38 Walton Verona 33

JOHNDUNHOFT

Lloyd controlled this game. Walton Verona scored on a couple punt returns, a long run and a stolen ball on a play, all by William Lattimore, #27 for Walton. The Lloyd defense shut down Walton completely in the second half. Walton looks to me like they lack speed. Walton struggled in the passing game when Lloyd shut down their running game. They do have some good size up front, especially #71 Moser who Lloyd had trouble with all night.

Lloyd's QB, Dexter Smith was a blur running past the Walton defense and he delivers a blow. Lloyd has a very good wide receiver in #15, Tommy Mejolagbe. Smith throws a nice ball with a lot of zip on it. Lloyd has a couple other quick little backs. They put the back in motion and let Smith read the play, then use their speed to make plays.

There was an interesting play at the end of the game. Lloyd was on their own 45, 4th down with 14 seconds left with the score 38-31 in favor of Lloyd. They looked like they were going to go for it with Dexter Smith in shotgun formation. Smith took the snap, turned and ran for his own end zone. A couple Walton players did chase after him. Smith got into the end zone and kept running along the back line of the end zone. One of the Walton players ran after him and as he got close, Smith stepped out of the back of the end zone. It worked perfect except one thing - Smith stepped out for the safety with 1 second left on the clock. If he had just run another couple steps he would have run all 14 seconds off the clock. Lloyd had kick, did a squib to a lineman and that is how the game ended.

Based on what I saw tonight, I would consider Lloyd a serious threat in their 2A district.

Edited by EyeOfTheTiger

Congrats to the Jugg's yes the Smith boys are tough. #15 receiver for Lloyd is tough and when he is in the open look out he can fly ( did not want to butcher the young mans name by trying to spell it). The young man Lawrence #27 for WV has alot of speed and cut backs. Ran two punt returns back in first half. Lloyd needs to work on special teams and also personal fouls/penalties cost them 2 touchdowns in first half. Good luck Jugg's next up Gallatin County. JD

Loved to see the defense play like that. Walton had one offensive TD. I bet special teams will get a work out this week. I think after the first punt return, I would not have kicked it #27All the backs Lloyd uses are not big but run hard. I would like to see more ground game from them. Also why isn't #31 playing tackle, toward the end of last year they had him there and he was unstoppable. Go Juggs!