Everything posted by OutlawJoseyWales
-
Lawrence County vs Belfry Predictions
May did look very good from the TB spot. However, give Corbin's D-Line some props....they did a very nice job containing the fullback for much of the night. I have to think we'll see more of the FB in weeks to come. In all the years I've been associated with BHS...I can't remember when we've had so much talent across the board in the backfield. Now...with that being said....I certainly don't see a Doug Howard, David Jones or even a Matt Maynard back there....someone with breakaway speed that we came so accustomed to. But the stable is extremely full. Timmy Lovern and Thomas Varney both look very promising as soph's.
-
Lawrence County vs Belfry Predictions
Thanks for validating my point.
-
Pikeville 28 Louisville Holy Cross 18
I think that Harmon and May are both exceptional. May has a D-1 build..much better suited for the defensive side of the ball at the next level. However, Harmon is, IMO the best back east of Lexington.
-
Lawrence County vs Belfry Predictions
Coal Grove is and has been a below average team for quite some time. I'm quite familiar with Ohio Football....and they've never really been on the map. Yes..they've had a good team here and there...but Coal Grove is a pure afterthought in the Ohio HS football landscape. Plain and simple.
-
Lawrence County vs Belfry Predictions
Belfry 35 Lawrence Co-0 I may be surprised...but I simply can't see LC getting enough going to threaten the Pirates. Historically, this has been a good game...but not this year.
-
Harrison Co/ GRC Predictions
I think it's really hard to gauge either team at this point. Harrison looked extremely strong against a vastly inferior Fleming Co squad. Conversely, GRC lost to a Montgomery Co team that has been less than mediocre over the past several years. I think Harrison wins 35-30.
-
Corbin/Belfry predictions
This should be a very competitive ballgame. However, when you factor in travel time, the heat...in which I wouldn't be surprised to see a 10:00 PM kick-off for this game..and the fact that it's being played at Belfry. I think Corbin will be very hard presses to pull out a victory. Belfry 28 Corbin 14
-
1st WYMT Mountain Top 10 released
Without a doubt Pikeville controlled the line of scrimmage for 3 quarters. However, Belfry manhandled Pikeville throughout the 4th.
-
Russell to play Ironton in 2009
I may be mistaken...but I don't think Belfry has ever beaten Ironton. We had a couple of games taken from us.....especially in Ironton...but i don't remember ever logging one in the win column.
-
Belfry/Boyd Co Scrimmage
bttt
-
Belfry/Boyd Co Scrimmage
Curious to hear about RB and QB rotations for Belfry?
-
Hardest hitting Defenses in 2007?
Correction......Only since Coach Matney took over the reins.
-
Belfry Updates?
Has anyone had the opportunity to see the Pirates any over the past few days? Should be an interesting year in Death Valley.
-
3A Rankings (BGP) Discussion
For a program like Tilghman...not getting by the 2nd round (five of the last 7 years)....I would say they've been "off the map". My recollection is "they don't take to losing".
-
Discuss BGPreps Preseason Rankings Here
I really don't consider Central being a team from Western KY. Central will have a lot of speed returning....but they have some big holes to fill. Tilgham is more of a question mark. They've been so far off the radar...it's hard to gauge ...but, IMO, they probably benefit the most from the reclassification. At least in terms of earning a chance to play in Louisville. Until someone beats Russell...they should be the favorite. At this point I don't see them repeating...but until someone knocks them out...they've earned the top spot IMO.
-
3A Rankings (BGP) Discussion
What does Tilghman have coming back this year? They've really dropped off the football map the last several years. IMO, this reclassification has the possibility of assisting Tilghman more than any other program statewide. Any thoughts?
-
Harrison County Football Field Renovation
Football definitely needs upgraded. 4A school--over 1,000+ students and will probably not be able to dress 50 kids. There's a problem somewhere. Enough said on that subject. Boys basketball just recently changed hands. We'll see if an upgrade comes with it. The only real staple regarding HCHS athletics has been the baseball program. However, their facilities are horrible. The BOE can't spell the word "support". It's really embarassing.
-
Harrison County Football Field Renovation
Any renovations would and will be a huge improvement. However, MUCH is needed to improve the athletics at Harrison.
-
2007 Belfry
I can't confirm that....but I know the staff is very high on him.
-
2007 Belfry
That's what it really boils down to...holding on to the ball. The kids' a runner...plain and simple. In all reality...I would like to see him toting the pigskin. IMO, he could be a great change of pace back. May and Lee hammering you with blunt force power...and Preston, Louvern dart and dash. While he's not going to run over you...he runs hard...good speed and quickness..and he knows how to run. He just needs a little reassurance. Stick him in some situations where he can be successful...and IMO, he will blossom. The other surprise could very well be Hickman. He's as tough as they come. Excellent straight ahead runner.
-
2007 Belfry
Cam....I don't think Preston will end up at WR. While it's a possibility...I really believe he's going to be somewhere in the backfield...either under center or taking some hand-offs.
-
2007 Belfry
I think Preston and Hickman will join May and Lee in the backfield. Preston has deceptive speed...and nice moves. He could be a pleasant surprise carrying the football. Hickman is as tough as they come....and he really hits the holes well. Both...must hang on to the football.
-
2007 3A Football
With the realignment...there's definitely a power shift in 3A football toward the Eastern part of state. Teams such as Russell, Belfry, Breathitt, Sheldon Clark should dominate this class for the next couple of years. IMO, Russell will lose too much to make another trip to Louisville (28 graduating seniors). Either Breathitt or Belfry will be the prohibitive favorite to march to Louisville...with Belfry being the favorite. 7-8 main line starters back on both sides of the ball. They are very deep. If they can find a little speed...then IMO, everybody will be chasing them in 2007.
-
Asterisk for Mercer?
IMO, the Question is valid. Not to take anything away from the Mercer kid's.....but the KHSAA should not have let Mercer compete at the 2A level with such dwarfing enrollment numbers. It's unfortunate.
-
Belfry 07
I heard some of the P-burg kids were saying.."if we can't beat'em..then let's join 'em". If that's the case..Belfry's enrollment may double.:p