Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin/Belfry predictions

Who will win this game? 104 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this game?

    • Belfry
      65%
      68
    • Corbin
      34%
      36

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Corbin travels to Belfry to play in the Pike County Bowl this coming weekend. What are your predictions? Who will come away with bragging rights? What players will stand out?

  • Replies 85
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this will be a good even game, who wins will depend on the Redhound injury situation, if they have their players back then they should win in a close game, if not Belfry could win. The trip will play a factor, although Corbin does travel well, as most all the Corbin fans will travel with them, but that is a LONG trip and if it is hot it could come down to conditioning.

 

My gut tells me that it will be close but the travel and the injuries will be too much for Corbin to over come. If it was in Corbin I would pick Corbin but on the road in Pike County I have to go with Belfry.

Belfry 21 Corbin 17 would be my guess. I am with Apex, the injuries and the homefield will be too much to overcome for the Hounds.

I'm thinking Corbin 28-20

Corbin 21-13.

I hope Corbin can come out on top, I guess I should have waited till later in the week to make my prediction, or at least till the injury situation is confirmed. I would like to see Corbin win this one, but Pike County is a long trip and Belfry a good team and that is a bad combination for anyone.

I think the Hounds will put up a fight, but Belfry will pull off the win by a couple of points.

I like the Cashen boy. Corbin by a nose.

After seeing both teams in the playoffs last season and knowing what they have coming back.

 

Belfry 14

Corbin 7

I like Belfry, I look for them to win by a couple of T.D.'s

From watching Belfry in the pre-season I have to say that this team reminds me of the 2005 team that lost to Russell 20-14 on the road and were 15 yards from the state championship game (where I felt they would have easily handled O'Cath). That team looked very rough early in the first few weeks, but by season's end was definately the 2nd best team in 2A. The big difference between the two is that this Pirate team has alot more depth at the skill positions and more versatility on offense. Those pre-season #2 and #3 rankings will be justified by season's end, but I look for this Belfry team to be a bit rough coming out of the starting blocks.

 

In my honest opinion, if you played this game later in the season I feel like Belfry would probably be a couple TD's better than Corbin, but in the season opener the Pirates will have a revolving door in the backfield and a green secondary against a very good passing team.

 

The Pirates are relaively healthy, backup Split End Zach Smith won't be playing due to a concussion, and our top OL Will Southerland is questionable with a virus.

 

I think this will be a close game in the teens or low 20's. I am predicting Corbin takes this one, and Belfry earns a very valuable loss that teaches them alot of lessons.

Time to take the gloves off Rehounds!! I think Corbin will roll, even being on the road. Corbin 34-14.

I don't think Corbin will roll. They could win but Belfry's front seven will give them fits. For Corbin to win I think Campbell will have to be a big part of the offense and have a huge game. They should have named that kid Earl.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.