Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin/Belfry predictions

Who will win this game? 104 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this game?

    • Belfry
      65%
      68
    • Corbin
      34%
      36

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Time to take the gloves off Rehounds!! I think Corbin will roll, even being on the road. Corbin 34-14.

Wow!

What about this matchup do you feel will enable Corbin to romp the most dominant mountain team over the past five years on their home-field?

  • Replies 85
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corbin will struggle on the ground IMO. I look for Belfry's front 7 to be VERY good against the run this season.

 

If Southerland can play, I like Belfry by 7.

 

Belfry - 28

Corbin -21

When is the last Corbin travelled down Daniel Boone or Hal Rogers parkway for a football game? I think this will be a low scoring game. Two strong teams, lots of early season mistakes will help keep it low scoring and close. I give the edge to Belry because of the long travel during the heat of the day.

 

Belfy 12

Corbin 8

Corbin will struggle on the ground IMO. I look for Belfry's front 7 to be VERY good against the run this season.

 

If Southerland can play, I like Belfry by 7.

 

Belfry - 28

Corbin -21

Corbin has big strong Oline and Campbell is a bull. They could run the ball as well as anybody if they choose. Cashen is a good QB but I think the Redhounds would be more successful playing smashmouth football and using Cashen to keep defenses honest. If Corbin runs straight at the Belfry defense I think the will do very well. IMO Corbin depends to much on the pass when that is really not their strength.

Corbin has big strong Oline and Campbell is a bull. They could run the ball as well as anybody if they choose. Cashen is a good QB but I think the Redhounds would be more successful playing smashmouth football and using Cashen to keep defenses honest. If Corbin runs straight at the Belfry defense I think the will do very well. IMO Corbin depends to much on the pass when that is really not their strength.

Do you feel as if Corbin will eb a better running team than Russell was when they met Belfry in the playoffs? With Belfry's front 7 back their run defense will be VERY tough, and if you recall Belfry was pretty daggone tough for Russell to run on in the playoffs.

 

The Pirates only return one full-time starting DB (although Preston saw a ton of time at last year), if anything it is the Pirate secondary that will be the weak spot.

  • Author

Due to the long travel and playing at Belfry Hounds will win by a nose. But a win is a win. ROLL HOUNDS ROLL!!!

Can someone put a poll up for this game? I am curious to see how the voting goes.

I think a key factor for this game will be Corbin's ability to make Belfry punt the ball. If Corbin's defense shuts down Belfry's run, I don't feel like Belfry can beat them passing the football. Oppositely, if Belfry wins the time of possession battle, I think the Redhounds are in trouble.

 

Corbin is going to score points, IMO. I think it depends on how well Belfry can play keep away, and Corbin's ability to stop Belfry's power ground game. I'll predict later when I know the injury situation.

Corbin's turn:

 

Corbin 2

Belfry 0

Hounds,

 

I think that is a decent assessment, but Belfry's QB can throw a bit more than in years past. Nevertheless, the throw will compliment the run. If Belfry is tossing it around, they are probably not going to win.

 

Can any Belfry fan post the projective offensive and defensive starting lineups, or PM it to me? Appreciated in advance!

Could you post the projected lineup with age and sizes so we can see how the two teams matchup. I'd post Corbins but I'm not quite sure on the numbers. Hopefully someone could give you all some info as well.

Could you post the projected lineup with age and sizes so we can see how the two teams matchup. I'd post Corbins but I'm not quite sure on the numbers. Hopefully someone could give you all some info as well.

To be honest, Belfry's lineup is far from being set right now at several positions. I also can't tell you any sizes but I will guesstimate (they probably are off, but I will try to err on the low side so it doesn't make guys out to be bigger than they are) I can tell you a couple of the definites:

 

QB/CB Andrew Elkins, JR 6'2 165

FB/MLB Dustin May, SR 6'3 235

TE Adam Bowens, SR 6'1 200

SE/CB Ryan Preston SR, 6'1 185

NG Randy Webb, JR 5'7 225

DE Ivan Lee, JR 6'2 220

LB Charlie Dotson, JR 5'11 200

 

Alot of the lineup, especially in the trenches, depends on if SR OL/DL Will Southerland plays, HB is still wide open with about 5 different backs all looking very impressive. The secondary isn't completely set either.

Has May really blown up to 235? I heard someone say he look faster than last season. If he is really 235 and has gained speed, I have to think he at least becomes a D-IAA prospect at LB or fullback.

 

Dotson looked thick in a recent pic I saw. Looked like he put some real good weight on.

 

If Lee is 220, then he has lost weight. (which he needed to do IMO)

 

I expect big things out of Webb, ala Phillip Varney, Matt Smith, and Bobby Burton of recent vintage.

May is a monster... and he ran like a semi-truck the other night. I looked at a program from the 2004 team when May was a freshman, he was listed at 5-11 176... thank you growth spurt... HAHA

 

Dotson now looks like a LB, not just a misplaced HB (he also is going to be a pretty dang good fullback next year when May graduates)

 

Lee has leaned up and appears to have grown an inch as well.

 

Other players who appear physically different are Hickman (gotten taller), Lovern (big difference, but still skinny), Preston (looks stronger),

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.