Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Discuss BGPreps Preseason Rankings Here

Featured Replies

A couple things stood out to me.

 

1) Is Bell Co. really the number 2 team in 4a?

2) Why is Belfry rated above Russell?

3) Will Fort Campbell finally live up to their hype?

4) Paris is not even ranked in 1a

 

Thanks for the read Guru!

I know it's only the preseason, but, a few things that stood out to me:

 

6a) Once again PRP get a high preseason rank..They never seem to live up to that billing, but, always seem to be mentioned early..We'll see after 3-4 weeks if they're deservent...... No Ryle in the rankings? Surprising to me, coming off a 4a runnerup last year. I think they'll be there before its over...

 

5a) No Mercer Co. is surprising to me..... J.Hardin at #3 is shocking..Top 10 maybe, Top 3, I'll have to see it to believe it...... W.Central lost a ton and will have to show me they deserve this high a ranking.....

 

4a) N.Bullitt, who? That's pretty shocking....

 

3a) What surprises me is that Central and P.Tilghman, from the west are at 1 and 2, ahead of the Russells, Breathitts, Belfrys....I'm not sold on that one yet..... Russellville at #10, wow. they weren't even a Top 10 in 1a last year and that was one of there better teams. This tells me 3a is very top heavy and overall pretty weak...

 

2a) The Top 8 are pretty solid and could be ranked in any order and there wouldn't be alot of complaints... I've heard Leslie Co returns alot from last year and they were a pretty good team in 06.. I see them moving in sometime through the year..

 

1a) Campbellsville and Cumberland, come on, give me a break, please... Raceland should be a little higher and I believe Crittenden Co and Paris will find there way into the Top 10 sometime during the season...

I think 1A is fair, interested to see how Raceland fairs the 1st 4 games,

I

3a) What surprises me is that Central and P.Tilghman, from the west are at 1 and 2, ahead of the Russells, Breathitts, Belfrys....I'm not sold on that one yet..... .

 

 

I really don't consider Central being a team from Western KY. Central will have a lot of speed returning....but they have some big holes to fill. Tilgham is more of a question mark. They've been so far off the radar...it's hard to gauge ...but, IMO, they probably benefit the most from the reclassification. At least in terms of earning a chance to play in Louisville.

 

Until someone beats Russell...they should be the favorite. At this point I don't see them repeating...but until someone knocks them out...they've earned the top spot IMO.

... Until someone beats Russell...they should be the favorite. At this point I don't see them repeating...but until someone knocks them out...they've earned the top spot IMO.

 

I see your point about Russell. However, I don't think Ivan McGlone will lose any sleep over where his Devils are ranked in a pre-season poll - in fact he may prefer a lower ranking (gotta love that). :D

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.