Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1st WYMT Mountain Top 10 released

Featured Replies

1.) Johnson Central

2.) Bell County

3.) Belfry

4.) Corbin

5.) Pikeville

6.) Breathitt Co.

7.) Rockcastle Co.

8.) Sheldon Clark

9.) Somerset

10.) Hazard

I like it pretty well, I seen Hazard and they aren't a top 10 team, if they are then its a weak mountain area this season. I think I would move SC up some maybe, also Prestonburg in instead of Hazard. That is a solid nine to start with though.

I think the list looks fairly good to me. Things will shape up some after weeks 1 and 2.

Does anyone know if they are going to show any videos on the top 10 on their website?? Or do you have another site that shows more about the top 10???

Rockcastle is in a good spot at #7. Not too low and not too high. Maybe we could sneak up on some of these teams now :lol: hahaha

I think Pikeville is definately too high....

For that matter I think Breathitt is too high as well...

 

Rockcastle should fall in the 5 spot, Pikeville in the 8-10 range. Breathitt in the 7-8 range.

Like they said on the sportscast tonight, Pikeville has the most athletic backfield in the mountains. They can be as good as Belfry and Corbin above them. Having said that, with their killer schedule they will probably fall out of the Top 10, but will re-enter late in the year...

My Top 10 would be:

 

Johnson Central

Bell County

Rockcastle County

Belfry

Pikeville

Corbin

Southwestern

Breathitt Co.

Prestonsburg

Sheldon Clark

Like they said on the sportscast tonight, Pikeville has the most athletic backfield in the mountains. They can be as good as Belfry and Corbin above them. Having said that, with their killer schedule they will probably fall out of the Top 10, but will re-enter late in the year...

The difference though is Belfry and Corbin also have two of the better lines in the mountain... I don't care how athletic you are, if you have two D-lineman in your face when you get the handoff it ain't goinna be pretty.

 

FWIW, I agree completely with WYMT though. If Pikeville can develop an O-line and can shake those inconsistency problems (see Jenkins, Phelps, and Hazard last season) they can play with anyone.

Pikeville is very talented in backfield like EKU said. They also was the most athletic backfield last season, but we seen what happened to them. They are weak at the line, they have tried to improve but depth isnt there right now, and I see that being no different this year.

Pikeville is very talented in backfield like EKU said. They also was the most athletic backfield last season, but we seen what happened to them. They are weak at the line, they have tried to improve but depth isnt there right now, and I see that being no different this year.

 

You do remember they ran for like 300 yards on Belfry don't you??? The line whipped Belfry, special teams mistakes cost them the game...Those 3 backs will give people fits...

Is mountian news doing a preseason special this year? or have they already showed it and I missed it?

Is mountian news doing a preseason special this year? or have they already showed it and I missed it?

 

It was on last night from 7:00pm-8:00pm.

You do remember they ran for like 300 yards on Belfry don't you??? The line whipped Belfry, special teams mistakes cost them the game...Those 3 backs will give people fits...

 

Without a doubt Pikeville controlled the line of scrimmage for 3 quarters. However, Belfry manhandled Pikeville throughout the 4th.

It was on last night from 7:00pm-8:00pm.

 

Does anyone know if they will re-air it and if so, when>>??

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.