Everything posted by TubbyCAT
-
Mason County's Setty
No knock on the kid at all, he is a very solid player and can shoot the lights out. I do think it might be a bit of a reach to say this kid could compete in the Big East w/West Virginia.
-
Brossart 58 Pendelton Co. 29
Coach Simms and PC will be just fine. As for the future I wouldn't say the cupboard is bare at all. They have quite a bit of talent in some of their younger grades. It will take some time, but Coach Simms will have this program thriving again before to long!
-
Augusta Head Coach Robin Kelsch
It seems it all has been said and I 1000% agree with all that has been pointed out in this post. I had the opportunity to work w/Coach Kelsch and I enjoyed it tremendously. I know for a fact that no coach in the 10th region or the N. KY area loves his school or program more than Robin Kelsch loves the orange and black of Augusta. Augusta couldn't ask for a better leader for their kids on and off the basketball court. I also concur w/URIT, the concession stand at Augusta is out of this world. They usually have so many choices of stuff to choose form it is hard to make a decision. They used to have the best coney sauce in the entire state!
-
Desarae Chambers verbals to University of Dayton
Congrats to a fine young lady. I had the opportunity to get to know her when she was a few years younger and she is as good as it comes. She is a wonderful basketball player and an even better person.
-
Welcome John High!!
Coach High is a great coach and great man, He was always professional and courteous when I had my dealings w/him! Good Luck!
-
Middle School Girls B-Ball in the Fall. Title IX Violation?
At those mentioned small schools, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get in practices, dances, band concerts, choir concerts, meetings, and other school functions in those gyms.
-
Top 5 Shooters/Scorers at your high school/10th Region
Lyons and Lofton are as solid as they come!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Nicholas County Head Coaching Job
Kelsch not leaving Bracken County like a Gallenstein not leaving St. Patrick really makes no sense. Kelsch is a graduate of Augusta and a native of Augusta, the Kelsch's are Augusta through and through. Coach Kelsch is very loyal to Bracken County, but a head coaching chance is a chance and you have to take it. HE was already passed over once, foolishly, at Bracken County. If he were at Augusta Schools I might see that statement holding some water. As PRESSROW said, if Nicholas County offers and they SHOULD, then Kelsch would jump at the chance. I am a bit surprised by the delay in anaming a coach, it has taken entirely to long and NCHS should be ashamed.
-
AAU - Threat or Asset?
It depends how it is ran, but if it is ran correctly it can be very beneficial or an asset to the player and the team!!!!!!!!
-
Mason Co. Stat Man Danny Boyd Passes Away
A deep loss tonight in Maysville!!! Not only a huge loss for his family and the Royals, but also the 10th region fans ans schools. May you rest in peace Mr. Boyd!!!!
-
Needing a new coach at St. Patrick
Coach Ormes is as fine a coach and man as there is, this is very sad news for 10th Region girls basketball, I can ASSURE you of that! He will be missed, a class act!
-
Next Season Predictions 8-9-10th
and could be losing a coach possibly according to an earlier post on BGP!!!
-
Cov. Holy Cross' Kues resigns...
Both are very good coaches, Ray is one of the best in the business!
-
Lexington: The nicest city in the world.
I LOVE Lexington, something about the city, it is a great place!!!
-
2007 Boys Sweet 16 Contest (Results)
Congrats URIT!
-
Clark Co. 77 Christian Co. 71 OT
Congrats to the GRC Cards!!!!!!!!!!
-
Clark Co-Christian Co. Updates
Wow, what a game!!!
-
Bart Rison retires as coach at Montgomery Co.
Congrats to Coach Rison on a wonderful career!!! Coach Rison is a class act and he will be missed on the sidelines!
-
Congrats to Ty Proffit
AJ Stewart did not look average against Novosel at all. Stewart played on a guard-dominated team and had very few opportunities to score. He still averaged 13 pts. on few FG tries and 14+ rebounds per game, this kid is an athletic, strong, kid w/a GREAT personality and he loves Tubby and UK. You can't ask for much more than that!
-
Scott County - Oldham County updates
Scott County is just to good for Oldham County!
-
Coaching Changes in the 10th Region
I'd be SHOCKED if Coach Ormes and Coach Doyle are not back on the sidelines at their respective schools!
-
Years attending State Tourney
I started going to the Sweet 16 w/my dad when I was a 4th grader, which is nearly 25 years ago now. I have caught all or some of the Sweet 16 in every year since. While in HS and college me and my buddies went every year, it was our spring break and we loved every minute. Wow, the good ole days!
-
2007 Boys Sweet 16 Contest
FIRST ROUND Lincoln Scott Co South Laurel Holmes Ballard Clark Co Shelby Valley Warren Central SECOND ROUND Scott Co Holmes Ballard Warren Central SEMI-FINALS Scott County Ballard CHAMPIONSHIP Scott County TB 143
-
Coaching Changes in the 10th Region
I have heard a few rumors about assistant coaches in the region moving on!
-
Clark Co 63 Mason Co 59
Most of the new gyms built in the state have a mandated size I believe decided by the state on how big a the gymnasium can be. So according to PRESSROW the only true answer is to build a bigger gym, come on. How feasible is that? I usually agree w/what PRESSROW has to say, but to me that is a cop out post. Very few schools would be able to build a new gym w/the size big enough to host the regional. I for one like the games at Mason County, it is tradition. It also is an ADVANTAGE for the Royals to play on the court that they practice on and play all their home games during the regular season and sometimes the districts depending on where they are played in a particular season. There is no denying that argument, doesn't mean the best team will not win the game, it means there is an advantage. There is a reason that the NCAA will not allow teams like UK, Syracuse, Louisville, or any other college team to not play in the regional sites where they play their home games. UK will never play at Rupp or the 'Cuse will never play in the Carrier Dome!