Everything posted by TubbyCAT
-
Middle School Basketball
I am looking forward to the Sharp MS/Highlands match-up Monday night. Nice game at Highlands when the two teams played the first time. If PC comes out the way they are capable of, they could win this by 8+, but the whole team needs to get involved early. If not this will be a real battle!
-
Augusta 84 Harrison Co. 70
Very nice win for Coach Kelsch!
-
2007 BGP All "A" Boys Regional Contest
1st Region: Murray 2nd Region: University Heights 3rd Region: Owensboro Catholic 4th Region: Metcalfe County 5th Region: Bardstown 6th Region: Holy Cross (Louisville) 7th Region: Louisville Collegiate Academy 8th Region: Gallatin County 9th Region: Newport Central Catholic 10th Region: St. Patrick 11th Region: Lexington Christian Academy 12th Region: Somerset 13th Region: Cumberland 14th Region: June Buchanon 15th Region: Paintsville 16th Region: Elliott County Tie-Breaker:16th region
-
Lessons from Chris and Darius
Very well said!!!!!!!
-
Latest 10th region coaches association stats
Are any colleges looking at Lacey Cline? She is such a solid basketball player!
-
Mason Co vs Scott Co..Predictions
I think one of the role players either on Mason Co. or Scott Co.'s team makes the difference in the game. An Ethan King maybe! We know Miller is going to get his, it is who steps up that will make the difference in the game!
-
Campbell Co. 71 Bracken Co. 35
Bracken County is really down this season. I didn't realize they would be as bad this season as they have shown!
-
St. Pat / Deming updates
Not much defense it seems!
-
What about concession stands....
Absolutely nothing better as far as concession stands goes then the one at Augusta High School! I know AD/Head Boys Coach Robin Kelsch very well and he takes pride in their concession stand and it has everything you could possibly want at a ballgame! I second the politeness of the ones who work at the Augusta concession stand, always a warm smile and very helpful!
-
Middle School Basketball
The referees in Falmouth will not be much better than anywhere else I have seen this season I can assure you of that. It does seem, depending on which 2 guys calls the game @ Sharp, it could be a decent game. Of the many MS games I have seen over the past 3 or 4 seasons, it seems as if the officials wish they were somewhere else. That they do not give their best effort b/c it is a MS game. I have heard officials say this to other officials and that is why among other reasons that they are bad officials! Pretty sure that Summit View was 34-0 last season.
-
Deming Vs Fleming Co. Thoughts/Predictions 1/4
I think Deming gets the road win.
-
10th Region All A Discussion
NO doubt the winner comes from the bracket of: Augusta, Deming, Bishop Brossart and St. Patrick. The champion will be crowned easily from this side or a major shock will have to have happened for this not to occur.
-
Middle School Basketball
I would have to 100% agree about the officials in the 7th grade game at Summit View. They were absolutely terrible and was way to involved in the game, never allowing the boys to just play the game and make plays. The whole atmosphere and entire game experience was a downer for me as there was a great deal of tenseness in the air! The officials took what SHOULD have been a very good, if not dynamite basketball game, and turned it into a dog and pony show. I just wish the kids could have been the decisive factor in the game instead of two jokers who were posing as officials! Two very solid teams that are deep w/talent. It will be interesting to see how these teams develop over the next few years!
-
Where are the Best gyms(and worst) in NKY!
Mason County has one of the BEST gyms in the entire state, great place to watch a basketball game. Henry County's gym is very spacious, but I don't think it is a great place to watch a game, the crowd usually isn't very into the game at all. Augusta has one of the nicest (Smallest) gyms around. Small school and a small gym, but it is very nice, very colorful and bright, and a great atmosphere for HS basketball.
-
Pendleton County V/S Mason County MCIT 1/2/08
A win for the Royals in as easy a fashion as they choose it to be!
-
Augusta 89 Pendleton Co. 74
Very nice win for Coach Kelsch and his mighty Panthers! Nice way to go into your Christmas break and getting ready for your Christmas tourney!
-
Middle School Basketball
My point, which I guess I was not clear on, was more about the talent level on Augusta's 8th grade. I think we all at times look at the small schools and think they are not capable of having good classes and so forth or doing some of the things the larger schools do. It is rare that it happens, but it seems to run in cycles!
-
Middle School Basketball
PC 7th grade team handled Blessed Sacrament easily tonight, beating them 48-29 (I believe that was the final). Not much of a game really as PC played a lot of different players!
-
Middle School Basketball
I can assure all of you of one thing, Augusta's 8th grade team has some real talent on their team. Just b/c they are a small school, one of the smallest in the state, doesn't mean they do not know how to play basketball. PC's 7th grade team plays CC-Gold and the others b/c they are conference games and they have to be played. PC has played their fair share of very good teams over the course of the last 2 seasons. They get Summit View later in the season!
-
Girls Pick 10 Contest Week 3
Sacred Heart--5 Mason County--3 Scott County--3 Pendleton County--1 Notre Dame--1 Powell County--1 East Carter--1 Simon Kenton--1 Dixie Heights--1 Russell--1 Tie-Breaker:118
-
Augusta vs. Burgin predictions
Augusta by 5+
-
Brossart 58 Pendelton Co. 29
Like I said, Coach Simms will get the job done I assure you of that. He has met some resistance in the county, but still seems to get his ideas across and up and running. I know he is planning on starting an AAU program this spring for his kids also so they do not have to venture out of the county to play AAU for other schools and counties! The idea for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade kids playing in Florence was a great idea and seems to be working out pretty well so far. Having these kids playing at an earlier age and in a team concept will only make the HS program better in the years to come.
-
Bluegrass/N. KY. Regional Contest Week #2
7-West Jessamine 5-Bryan Station 3-Wayne County 2-Franklin County 1-Montgomery County TB: Bryan Station
-
St. Pat @ Augusta (December 10th)
Not a whole lot of fire-power for the Augusta squad this season!!!!
-
Augusta Head Coach Robin Kelsch
I will second that comment about Coach Kelsch's basketball camps. For the buck, they are as good as any in the state, they are well ran, plenty of instruction, the kids are taken very good care of and play a lot of basketball during the week.