Everything posted by TubbyCAT
-
What needs to happen in boys basketball to make it a better game.
If the KHSAA could somehow devise a plan to separate the basketball schools into 4 divisions you could still have a Sweet 16. If you were to take the 4 best teams from each division, giving you the 16 best teams in the state. Have those teams play one another to determine the champion from each division. On Saturday morning take the 4 division winners and have them play one another based on seeding and then the two winners would play Saturday night to determine the OVERALL state champion! You could have your divisions broken into 4 regions and have each region winner advance to the state tourney. It would be similar to how Ohio does their regionals and sectionals! This is just something a few buddies and I have discussed before. It keeps the tradition of the Sweet 16 alive and adds something new to the table!
-
Williamstown's Jaclyn Stith Scores 1000th Point
Congrats to a very nice player!
-
Deming's Erin Carmack Scores 2,000th point
I am quite certain it would be the first mother-daughter combo in the 10th Region HOF.
-
Paris 45 Bracken County 23
If the Lady Hounds win it again next year I think that would tie the Lady Mustangs from Brossart when Coach Kues was coaching there. I believe they won 6 in a row and that is the 10th region record!! 15-0 and in the 10th Region All "A" Classic is unbelievable!
-
St.Patrick vs. Deming
I think Deming will get this win!
-
Bluegrass/NKY Regional Contest Week #8
7--Harrison County 5--Woodford County 3--Montgomery County 2--Wayne County 1--Casey County Tie-Breaker: Montgomery County
-
Ledger Indpendent's coverage of boy's basketball
Extremely POOR coverage of area sports for the Ledger-Independent. I realize resources determine what can and cannot be done to cover the area sports, but in past years I am sure the money was about the same and the paper did a much better job covering the area. You have to love what you do and go above and beyond the call of duty regardless of what the circumstances are. The staff at the Ledger used to do that, I don't see it now!
-
Interesting rules question
Reiterates how poor the officiating in this state has become!
-
Paris 45 Bracken County 23
How many in a row for Coach Brooks and his Lady Hounds?
-
Deming 73 Silver Grove 23 in All A Classic
Silver Grove is very young and inexperienced, but they will work hard and show up with plenty of effort. Silver Grove didn't have a girls program for a season or two I believe. Coach Kues will teach the girls the game and how to succeed in life!
-
Deming's Erin Carmack Scores 2,000th point
Congrats to a very nice young lady on and off the court!
-
USA Today Super 25
Very interesting question indeed?
-
Bracken County 58 Deming 45 All "A"
Congrats to the Lady Bears players and staff for a very nice win! This team has put together a nice little run of wins here!
-
Deming's Erin Carmack
Her mom was a member of the inaugural class of the 10th Region Girls Basketball Hall of Fame who could flat out play! I would bet that would be an awesome mother/daughter combo! Congrats to Erin!!!!! Did her mom score 2,000 as well? Wander how many mom/daughter combos have accomplished that in this fine basketball state?
-
Who is the best basketball official in your region?
I am ALMOST certain that this is the same guy! He is a complete and utter professional as a basketball official! Works the floor very well, communicates with players and coaches, enjoys the game and lets the players play!
-
Middle School Basketball
This NKYMSBL Conference Tourney should be very interesting when it is is played in Feb. Where will the finals be held if the East is at Sharp MS and the West is at CCMS? I wouldn't want this championship game to be played @ Summit View. I would hope one of the schools hosting the East or West brackets would be the championship host. I believe PC travels to Newport tonight where they got a nice win last season.
-
Toughest and Weakest Regions in the State
I had a strong feeling the 10th would be rated lower than most seasons. Only the 15th region is rated lower. Not a typical year in the 10th region!
-
Who is the best basketball official in your region?
Add John "JT" Taylor to the list for GREAT officials in the 10th and 11th region! He works the game, loves being an official, he will talk to the coaches, he works the floor, he will speak to the players and coaches w/respect. He is as good as there is and is always in a Regional semi-finals or finals ever year! The thing about JT is that he refs an Augusta/Deming match-up just as hard as he would a Mason Co./Clark Co. match-up. I know for a fact that cannot be said about all BBA officials! Cary Lyle, Bill Carmichael, John Chamberlain, Jon Devney, Kenny Catron--all from the BBA--are all guys that as a coach you can talk to and ask questions and they never get that "I am the ref and you need to sit down attitude".
-
Bishop Brossart 59 Augusta 29 (All A)
Augusta's gym is as nice as any around if you take out the size. For the size of the gym it may be as nice as there is in the state.
-
Girls Pick 10 Contest Week #6
5 Simon Kenton 3 Holmes 3 Clay County 1 Rowan County 1 Henry Clay 1 Lexington Catholic 1 Paul L. Dunbar 1 Pikeville 1 Rockcastle County 1 Bowling Green Tie-Breaker= 112
-
St Pat 54 Bracken Co. 45
Let me set the record straight here: I am not coach bashing at all, I simply said a change might be needed at Bracken County. Since Coach Wolfzorn left it doesn't seem to me BCHS has been as successful as when Coach Wolfzorn was there. There may be many reasons for that, the number of players playing, the talent level of the players, etc. I agree 1000% with LBBC though. The ability to knock down open shots, especially in girls basketball, can make or break a coach. It seems that girls have a harder time getting to the basket if the offense breaks down, for the most part, then boys do. That at times can cause a major stalemate in the offense.
-
Middle School Basketball
Very good game in Falmouth last night! Both teams are very good teams and will have a very bright future if things continue the way they are now! I felt that the Wildcats would get this win and they did. These teams battle and could battle for years to come! Sharp only had 4 players score in the game against Highlands last night: Monroe, Harper, Appleman, and the big boy Smith.
-
St Pat 90 Pendleton Co 66
What is the word on why the kids quit at Pendleton County?
-
St Pat 54 Bracken Co. 45
The talent to make it to Bowling Green takes quite a bit. I don't know if Bracken Co. has that much talent or not--to make it to the Girls Sweet 16. I do agree that a change probably would be good for the coaching staff, a little shake-up might do some good. I do not believe all the coaches should be let go. I think at least the direction of the program might need to change. I wander how long a rope the current staff has? They haven't produced much since they took over for Coach Wolfzorn.
-
Have you ever seen this?
I would love to see an explanation on this! If it was not done deliberate I can't see how it would be a technical.