Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TubbyCAT

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TubbyCAT

  1. Sharp MS (Pendleton County) finished their regular season tonight with a win over IHMby 16 points. The Wildcats got 20 points from Mason Monroe, w/7 from Appleman, and 6 apiece from Strong and Harper. Overall, a good effort and a nice game and everyone got to play. A nice tune-up for the State Tourney this weekend in Lexington. The Wildcats finish the regular season @ 25-6 with three of those losses against 8th grade teams. They ended up with only one loss in their conference against Summit View. They are riding an 11 game winning streak heading to the KBA State tourney this weekend.
  2. This is surprising to say the least. Should make for an interesting district!
  3. Thanks guys, for the information! I had heard about the Clay Co. PG, that is a shame!
  4. Anyone have any information about Spencer County or Clay County's 7th grade teams? Just wandering what types of teams they were?
  5. There is an old saying that goes like this: "What goes around, comes around."
  6. We all know the old saying: "OFFENSE sales the tickets, but DEFENSE wins the game." never more true then w/Coach Brooks teams!
  7. Another big win for Coach Brooks and his ladies!!!
  8. Nice win for the Sharp Wildcats who haven't looked real sharp of ate, no PUN intended, but are still finding ways to win! Two games this week & then they head to the Middle School 7th grade State Tourney in Lexington @ the KBA!!!
  9. Mr. Brian Flaugher from Augusta is as deserving as any contributor that is in either the boys or girls HOF and there are many who are deserving. He has long been under-appreciated for his dedication to the Augusta High School boys and girls basketball programs. It is nice to know that come rain, snow, sleet, or shine that he is going to be there for you! I don't think some realize how long (30+ years) Brian has been keeping the score book and contributing to and for Augusta and that he RARELY ever misses a game. I honestly, cannot remember the last time he wasn't at a game! It is reassuring to me to walk in the ole Augusta gymnasium and see Mr. Flaugher with that big smile! If I am not mistaken Augusta HS has as many inductees as any school in the region W/3 players: Rachael Hamilton Appleman--inaugural class, Connie Appleman, and Marla Kelsch w/contributor Brian Flaugher! Very nice accomplishment for such a tiny school. Some, among many deserving, who I would like to see nominated and who I think would make the HOF: Coach Gary Clayton, Bracken Co.--won a ton of 38th district titles, '91 All "A" regional title, State "A" Final Four in '91, won a ton of games. Molly Linville and Annie Mains--Bracken County HS--2 excellent basketball players. Coach Vaughn Kelsch--Augusta HS--only coached three seasons before going into administration, won 38th district title, coached in late '70's when girls basketball was just getting its start, not for sure of career wins, but his winning % was excellent. Kim Habermehl--Augusta HS--tremendous athlete, she could do pretty much anything with the ball, a total team player, a total player in all phases of the game, her career stats are very impressive. Started playing varsity basketball as a 7th grader!
  10. Congrats to Coach Brooks and the Lady Hounds!
  11. CONGRATS :thumb: to a tremendous young lady on and off the court. :dancingpa
  12. Congrats to Ms. Chambers for her tremendous accomplishment! I agree w/LBBC: When will Mason Co. play some defense, it will bite you at some point, like tonight! You CANNOT play defense cautiously, b/c that leads to missed assignments, no rotation on help side, silly and lazy fouls, etc.
  13. Sounds like a really good high school basketball game!
  14. Hands down the BEST region in the state!
  15. She is a very good coach and loves the game and her players, I love her passion. She isn't afraid to mix it up with anybody, didn't matter if it is a coach or a ref--and I mean that as a compliment. I enjoyed watching her coach when they were in the 10th and I saw more of them. She is very serious about her job and works her rear end off for her program!!!:thumb: Now LLBC, don't age some of us w/that "many moons" ago statement about Fleming and the 10th region!!! :laugh:
  16. Sharp MS--Pendleton County plays Spencer County in their opening game.
  17. I would take a UGLY win any day over a pretty loss--even if there is such a thing!
  18. I hate to say it, but it looks like another tough loss for PC!
  19. I feel that it should be tucked in and that every player should try and keep it tucked in. However, it is inevitable that it will become un-tucked through the course of a game. So I do not see a reason to go over board with it.
  20. Congrats to Coach Brooks and the Lady Hounds!!!
  21. I believe that is correct about the name???
  22. No surprise with the LCA win!
  23. That is what I was thinking as well. However, I heard some rumblings about possible AAU teams playing, but I may have been given some false information!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.