Rowan County 80 Mason County 76

Final. Rowan County led big in the first quarter and the beginning of the second quarter, but Mason County fought back, and it came down to the wire in the 4th quarter. Too many missed free throws is what hurt Rowan County in the 4th quarter. They missed like 7 or 8 free throws in the 4th quarter, but hit some key ones in the last 2 minutes to keep them in the lead. Mason County's only lead in the game was at 2-0. Rowan County led by as many as 16, but Mason outscored Rowan by 8 in the 3rd quarter.

De'Sarae Chambers becomes Mason County's all-time leading scorer (for both boys and girls).

For Mason County:

Chambers - 33 (1 shy of her career high) has 2,800 points, along with 11 rebounds

Cline - 16

Menke - 12

Litzinger - 11

Queen - 2

Doyle - 2

There was no answer for Chambers tonight, as she was the glue holding Mason County together in this game. Without her, it would have been a double digit loss...impressive showing by Chambers. Mason County's next game is Thursday night where they will play Bishop Brossart at 7:30 on Senior Night.

Question for Mason come postseason time is will they play defense well enough to stop anyone or are they just going to try and outscore everyone. You cannot give up 80 points in a girls' HS basketball game and expect to win.

You score 76 points and you should win the ballgame.

I think some of Mason County's defensive problem is that they, especially the starters, are afraid that they are going to foul someone. There is virtually no bench, so the starters have to be cautious, which leads to tentative play on the defensive end. I guess they just think that they can rely on their offense, but come tournament time, they'll need to play great basketball on both ends of the floor.

I think some of Mason County's defensive problem is that they, especially the starters, are afraid that they are going to foul someone. There is virtually no bench, so the starters have to be cautious, which leads to tentative play on the defensive end. I guess they just think that they can rely on their offense, but come tournament time, they'll need to play great basketball on both ends of the floor.

Tentativeness is not the word, Discipline is and playing it for 4 quarters. Tentativeness because of a bench issue is not close. They played it against Simon Kenton but have to be consistent.

Tentativeness is not the word, Discipline is and playing it for 4 quarters. Tentativeness because of a bench issue is not close. They played it against Simon Kenton but have to be consistent.

You can't say, though, that Mason County does not think about foul issues during the game. I'm sure that thought is running through the player's minds. But yes, they need to be more disciplined on defense, IMO that's never really been their strong point.

They beat our girls off the dribble and got to the basket for lay-ups. Bench or no bench there is no excuse for that kind of defense out of those experienced girls. Much play better defense and quit the stupid turnovers. (23 Tonight). Sometime I believe Mason's girls have a hard time understanding their competition. They come out and and make passes and try stuff that might work against weaker teams on their schedule but will not work againd teams like Clark, Rowan, Montgomery, Paris etc. This is one reason we fell way behind in the first quarter with 9 turnovers. SENIORS!!!!! THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE!!!!!!!! LET"S GO!!!!!!!!

They beat our girls off the dribble and got to the basket for lay-ups. Bench or no bench there is no excuse for that kind of defense out of those experienced girls. Much play better defense and quit the stupid turnovers. (23 Tonight). Sometime I believe Mason's girls have a hard time understanding their competition. They come out and and make passes and try stuff that might work against weaker teams on their schedule but will not work againd teams like Clark, Rowan, Montgomery, Paris etc. This is one reason we fell way behind in the first quarter with 9 turnovers. SENIORS!!!!! THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE!!!!!!!! LET"S GO!!!!!!!!

Well said, Sumo. I agree. I was listening to this game, and I thought it was going to be VERY ugly, listening to the first half, but Mason came back to make it a good game, surprisingly. They played very poorly the first half.

Well said, Sumo. I agree. I was listening to this game, and I thought it was going to be VERY ugly, listening to the first half, but Mason came back to make it a good game, surprisingly. They played very poorly the first half.

Thanks KY, there is just no excuse for Mason to come out flat especially after losing to Rowan earlier this season and fall behind that far. They must have more "Internal fortitude".

Thanks KY, there is just no excuse for Mason to come out flat especially after losing to Rowan earlier this season and fall behind that far. They must have more "Internal fortitude".

If anything, I expected Mason County to come out determined in the first half, as most teams would, having lost to this team earlier in the season.

Congrats to Ms. Chambers for her tremendous accomplishment!

I agree w/LBBC: When will Mason Co. play some defense, it will bite you at some point, like tonight! You CANNOT play defense cautiously, b/c that leads to missed assignments, no rotation on help side, silly and lazy fouls, etc.

A lot of people must of had a curfew last night that they needed to try and beat at halftime of the girls game. Tremendous difference with fans in the stands from the first half compared to the second half. Mason starts out of the gates slow in the first quarter but rebounds to make a game of it the rest of the way. Great job folks!