Everything posted by TubbyCAT
-
Deming Head Coach , Who will it be
He is not being brought back! I have not heard what the final decision was based on! I thought they would have hired someone by now!
-
Lacey Cline to play at Thomas More
Congrats to a fine basketball players and even a better person!
-
Bracken Co. Will Hire Patrick Kelsch as their New Head Coach
I honestly think that Coach Kelsch will get the FULL support of the administration! He has always been good w/his parents and I see that continuing! It will be very interesting to watch how this all unfolds! Bracken County has had a lot of success in the past and a rich tradition, I would love to see and think Coach Kelsch can and will return the program to that!
-
Bracken Co. Will Hire Patrick Kelsch as their New Head Coach
Sorry to disappoint you "ALL IN", not Coach Kelsch's assistant, just believe in his ability very much! The ABSOLUTE best hire that Bracken County could have made, the very best choice!
-
Bracken Co. Will Hire Patrick Kelsch as their New Head Coach
Got word just a little while ago that Bracken County will name former Lady Bears assistant coach Patrick Kelsch as their new Head Coach! Not for certain when the OFFICIAL announcement will come, but Kelsch will be guiding the Lady Bears basketball program next season and for years to come hopefully! An absolute tremendous hire for Bracken County as Kelsch has put in the time and has been very loyal to the school. He knows the expectations and his passion will drive him to succeed! In the end Bracken County made the best choice :thumb:by going w/the in-house guy who truly DESERVES the chance to be a head coach! I hope this does not turn into a bashing thread of Coach Kelsch or former Lady Bear coach, Molly Schultz. The school made their hire and they made a good one! The past is in the past and shall remain there! Congrats Coach Kelsch!!!!:dancingpa
-
Bracken County Coach for 08-09?
Bracken County will name Patrick T. Kelsch as their new Head Coach of their girls basketball program!! Coach Kelsch was informed he would be named coach and met w/the players to let them know! Not for certain when the OFFICIAL announcement will be made, but it is a done deal! An excellent decision and one the administrators at Bracken County should be & will be very pleased with!
-
Bracken County Coach for 08-09?
Last I heard the job had been opened and they still did not have any teaching positions available. It is looking more and more like this will be a hire from within! I'd say the chances of Coach Kelsch moving into the head coaching job is pretty good! Not a guarantee, but I good bet--especially if they want to make the right hire!
-
June Buchanan
Another small school to the way-side! What a shame!!!
-
Nice Article on Mason's De'Sarae Chambers
Couldn't agree more!:thumb:
-
Former State Champ Coach Passes
Condolences to the coaches family and dear friends!
-
Stephen Butcher is new Mason County coach
In my opinion and I firmly believe this: Had LBBC been the coach of the Mason County Lady Royals the last four years, they would have at least one Sweet-16 appearance and probably more! I would put my mortgage on that!!!
-
Stephen Butcher is new Mason County coach
Mason County Lady Royals need a little shot in heart and soul area!
-
Mason County Lady Royals...
Interesting hire to say the least? Anyone hear who the final applicants were!
-
Bracken County Coach for 08-09?
You can BINGO that all you guys want! Not gonna happen at Bracken Co. TRUST me on that! From what I have heard Bracken County could be cutting positions due to being overstaffed and they WILL NOT be hiring any new teachers. Now that is not to say that someone will not leave and take a job at another school! As of today, that does not seem likely!
-
Bracken County Coach for 08-09?
Well, it seems to me after looking at the Kentucky Department of Education website that Bracken County does not have any teaching positions open and it doesn't seem they will have! Now that the coaching position has been posted (legally must be open for 30 days) it would seem to me that Bracken has two choices for their next Girls Varsity Head Coach: Hire within their system or hire a para-professional to be their coach. Many schools have adopted the hiring of a para-professional in recent years, but I would be very surprised if that happened @ Bracken County. VERY strong odds that the next coach is already employed by Bracken County!
-
Bracken County Coach for 08-09?
Some of you need to watch some more basketball! There are many coaches out there that do a great deal of yelling and there are many who don't. Hard to argue which way is more successful, b/c both styles seem to work and be successful! The similarity between Appleman and Schultz seems to be the idea that the two coaches and the administration did not see eye to eye. Both coaches worked very hard w/in their programs! I would say this situation will be a bit more clear in the next few days! Wander why people have to get personal when making posts? Makes no sense at all really!
-
Bracken County Coach for 08-09?
ALL IN: We FINALLY agree about the students playing multiple sports!
-
Bracken County Coach for 08-09?
Seemed that yelling did some good for those girls as they won games and were very competitive!!! Seemed to have a pretty good relationship w/his players. Look across the girls region and you will see all kinds of coaching styles. However, hard to say those coaches that yell a little bit don't have success!!! All you have to do is look at the region and the success is obvious! Seemed Coach Kelsch and Coach Schultz had a little fire in their bellies! So I really don't think that style is important anyway!
-
Bracken County Coach for 08-09?
I can assure you of one thing: Former Augusta Lady Panthers coach Michael Appleman II, is not putting an application in at Bracken County! I spoke with him earlier this week and he is very content working with the Pendleton County Future Hoopsters program and the AAU program w/Coach Simms! I will say this: He would do a GREAT job if he was to get the job! He did wanders in his three years at Augusta and how he made them competitive again. A wonderful basketball mind, a bit rambunxious, but a very good coach!
-
Bracken County Coach for 08-09?
I agree totally about the administration! However, for a basketball marriage or partnership to work, BOTH sides have to do their part! From, what I have heard and from people I have talked to, both sides are guilty there. Do not get me wrong, I have no ill feelings towards Coach Schultz at all! I tremendously respected her as a player and thought she did a decent job as coach! I am saying this, since she was let go, and they need a new coach: DO THE RIGHT THING & HIRE COACH PATRICK KELSCH!
-
Bracken County Coach for 08-09?
I don't think it has anything to do w/kissing someone's rear as why Molly was let go! Come on people you need to wake up here and realize it was a bad hire for BC when they hired Coach Schultz and the marriage of BC and Molly Linville-Schultz did not work out! Bracken County has a rich tradition in girls basketball throughout the 10th region!
-
Bracken County Coach for 08-09?
Seems more than just Pendleton County & Augusta people are interested in who gets this job?
-
Darius Miller 2008 Mr. Basketball
Congrats to a wonderful young man on and off the court. A fine young man from a fine family that deserves all he gets for his hard work and dedication! I wish him nothing but the very best in his future endeavors at UK and hopefully beyond! A VERY well deserved award for the most complete player in the state!
-
Bracken County Coach for 08-09?
ALL IN: You seem to know something no one else does about the position, which I find a bit funny to be honest! Since you do however, why don't you ENLIGHTEN us w/your wisdom?
-
Bracken County Coach for 08-09?
I agree that the whole nature of how Bracken County and the administration handled the hiring of Molly and now how they are handling this situation is really mystifying to say the least! Not always getting hired in a position DOES NOT mean you were not good enough to be hired. Perhaps, someone was a little better or had ties to the community or was an alumni that wanted to return! There are many things that go into the hiring of coaches, many things! I am not sure if there was a lack of loyalty shown to Coach Schultz or not however. I hear she rubbed some people (administrators) the wrong way, just hearsay, but I have heard it from several people!