Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

June Buchanan

Featured Replies

I was reading on another site that Gary and Jim Stepp have both resigned as coaches at JBS. Tate Cox and Brent Hall have both transferred to Knott Central. Clark Stepp is graduating and Clint Stepp may be looking for a new school soon. I was wondering if JBS will have a varsity basketball team next season? There is speculation that they won't be able to field a team. Anyone else heard this?

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were comments a few weeks ago on BGP about the school potentially closing, either next year or the year after. Nothing was in writing, however, so it's not been clarified. But at the rate of departure, it looks like its over.

  • Author
There were comments a few weeks ago on BGP about the school potentially closing, either next year or the year after. Nothing was in writing, however, so it's not been clarified. But at the rate of departure, it looks like its over.

 

I would have to agree. Seems like everyone is jumping ship.

JBS will not have sports next year. The following year, the school will be closed. The school doesnt have enough funding to keep their head above water.

  • Author
JBS will not have sports next year. The following year, the school will be closed. The school doesnt have enough funding to keep their head above water.

 

Thanks for the info. That is definately a sad situation.

Thanks for the info. That is definately a sad situation.

 

It sure is.

JBS will not have sports next year. The following year, the school will be closed. The school doesnt have enough funding to keep their head above water.

 

Will Alice Lloyd College remain open?

I don't think, from what I've heard, that the college is having the same kind of problems as the high school. I also heard one of the JBS transfers was ruled ineligible. I expect them all to be ineligible if JBS still has a team next year.

Aren't the Stepps in control of the college as well? They were when I went there way back when.

 

That would be correct. They college isnt in as much trouble as is the high school. The college is getting smaller next year. About 1/4 of the teachers there will not have a job. Alot of cuts are being made up there in Pippas Pass.

Unless the players have a change of residence, won't they be ineligible next year?

 

If the school closes, they won't be ineligible. I can't see how they would be eligible at another school if JBS remains open.

  • Author
That would be correct. They college isnt in as much trouble as is the high school. The college is getting smaller next year. About 1/4 of the teachers there will not have a job. Alot of cuts are being made up there in Pippas Pass.

 

I can't imagine it getting any smaller. When I was there, there were only 450 students or so and I knew every person by name in the entire college. Perhaps its time for new leadership at both schools?

I can't imagine it getting any smaller. When I was there, there were only 450 students or so and I knew every person by name in the entire college. Perhaps its time for new leadership at both schools?

 

I hear you on that. The stepps run ALC and JBS. Maybe if they only have 1 school they can do better. Its sad for the kids though.

  • Author
I hear you on that. The stepps run ALC and JBS. Maybe if they only have 1 school they can do better. Its sad for the kids though.

 

Yeah, I was just thinking about that. Some of the best friends I ever made was during my 2 years at ALC - simply because we all knew each other and we all became good friends. Its kind of crazy really though when you think about it... I mean, Joe Stepp, Jim Stepp, Gary Stepp, and even the wives are all in leadership positions within an institution that small. There are alot of things that can go wrong under those circumstances.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.