Everything posted by TubbyCAT
-
Ludlow vs. Villa 34th district Predictions
Very hard to beat a team 3 times in a season, let alone 4 times. Should be very interesting!
-
Middle School Basketball
The game times @ Sharp Middle School have been changed for tonight's basketball action. The first game between Covington Holmes/Highlands has been moved to start at 5:30. The second game which features Sharp MS (PC)/Newport will start @ 6:45. The roads are nice and clear, at least the main roads anyone from NKY would have to travel. I would suggest Hwy. 27 which of course takes you right to Sharp MS. Perhaps the AA Hwy. to New Hope Rd. and then taking Hwy. 159 to Hwy. 177 and then hitting Hwy. 27. It mainly depends on where you are actually coming from. Good luck to all four teams that play @ Sharp MS tonight. It seems as if this tournament was never going to happen. There should be some really good games from this point on!
-
Erin Carmack Breaks Scoring Record At Deming
Just a tremendous accomplishment. A great young lady on and off the court! She will someday join her mother in the 10th Region Girls Basketball Hall-of-Fame!
-
Coach Hicks sits out game against East Carter
If the KHSAA is sending the official a letter, then apparently he did do something. It could be an explanation of what was happening w/the situation--however!
-
Front Runner for Mr. Basketball Right Now
Miller is the front-runner. I don't think signing w/UK or not signing with them has any placement on who wins the award for Mr. Basketball.
-
Middle School Basketball
The games are still on @ Sharp MS tonight. As for the roads, the main roads, Hwy. 27 and Hwy. 177 are pretty good. I would say if you are traveling down Hwy. 27 to get to Sharp MS you will be just fine.
-
Middle School Basketball
The weather scares me to death. We are scheduled to play tomorrow night @ 7:30. IF the snow comes you can almost be certain that school will be canceled!
-
Best dressed coaches in NKY!!
Chad Simms (Boys Coach) at Pendleton County always wears a nice suit and looks pretty good!
-
Question for boys/girls bball parents
I do not keep anything during the game and never have. I do try and keep a scrapbook for my son's from each of the seasons they have played in sports. Pictures, team stats like W/L's, some individual stats. Mainly a keepsake to look back on one day!
-
Middle School Basketball
Well said, HOOPDR!:thumb:
-
Some fans yell the dumbest things
I love the screaming about the 3 second lane, a hard rule for some to grasp!
-
Middle School Basketball
Sharp MS was without a starter against McNabb on Saturday of the State Tourney and that really hurt, but tip your hat to McNabb--they played well enough to win. I would love for our team to be full throttle and play them again. In agree that at the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade levels you should develop your players and work on fundamentals. In the end however, you keep the scores sand the records and since we do we want to win every game we play. Which I am sure is like everyone else, this does not make us unusual! With Monroe, Strong, Harper, Appleman, and Moore the future for Sharp MS and PC basketball is bright. They have some key role players off their bench to that hopefully will continue to develop!
-
Middle School Basketball
HOOPDR: I LOVE the enthusiasm!! Another conference tournament title sounds good to me!!!!:thumb::banana: :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :ylsuper:
-
Middle School Basketball
I would love to see the game film of that Sharp/Summit View match-up. It must have been doctored or something because Sharp did not double team any ONE player and most calls were not correct. The referees were out of position all night and the one could BARELY make it up and down the court let alone blow his whistle. The refs were bad for both teams, very inconsistent and NEVER in position to make a call! However, the refs did not lose the game for Sharp, they did that themselves.
-
Middle School Basketball
No player(s) for Sharp MS double teamed the young man in question from Summit View in their game, I can assure anyone of that!
-
Middle School Basketball
As you said yourself, injuries happen. They are as much a part of a season as anything! Playing on a neutral court will make things a little more even--or should--in the NKYMSBL conference tourney!
-
Middle School Basketball
I like that we are playing at home as well, always a plus to play on your home court!
-
Middle School Basketball
It will be a very good tournament!
-
Middle School Basketball
I wander who made the final decision on when the games would be played? Is that a one person decision, or the host schools, or does the administrators at the conference schools decide together?
-
Middle School Basketball
I was VERY surprised that the start of the conference tourney was pushed back til next week!
-
Middle School Basketball
The bottom line is that they still had 2 losses and there were teams w/only one loss!
-
Middle School Basketball
It actually means that they lost 2 conference games and other teams lost 1 conference game. Had they lost only one conference game then they would have been the #1 seed! Since they lost two and others only lost one, hence the #2 seed. It ACTUALLY is pretty simple and since this is CONFERENCE play--non conference play would mean nothing! Kentucky doesn't get credit for beating anyone outside of the SEC when it comes to seeding the SEC tourney! dUKe OR UNC doesn't get credit for wins outside the ACC. So it all makes sense.
-
Middle School Basketball
I agree 1000% that this is correct and is the way it should be. However, this is not what I was sent!
-
Middle School Basketball
ALL NKYMSBL games have been canceled this week. All activities will resume Monday of next week! As far as the seedings I see it the same way you do qryche11 and this is what I was told as well. The overall #1 seed will play the winner of the #3 vs. #6 game. Seems to me the #1 seed should play the winner of the #4 vs. #5 game. You possibly could have your #1 seed playing a #3 and your #2 playing a #4 seed. I would think the overall #1 seed would get the easier of the two second round games.
-
Middle School Basketball
My sources are telling me that PC-Sharp will play Thursday night. If Sharp wins they would then play Friday and then Sunday afternoon assuming they win Friday night. So I am assuming that everything is set to begin Wednesday night!