Everything posted by TubbyCAT
-
Mason County/ Rowan County Predictions
MC boys win in an easy one and the MC girls win in a bit of a closer match-up!
-
Middle School Basketball
Someone who was at the KBA last weekend told me that the KBA might be divide the 7th grade tournament into 2 divisions: a school team and an AAU team division. Has anyone heard anything about this? I had not and was just curious!
-
Scott County 74 Franklin County 39
Looks that way!
-
Middle School Basketball
Should be an outstanding tournament. I am looking forward to it!
-
10th region coaches stats
The 10th Region Girls Coaches Association is the best around!
-
Jeffersontown coach suspended.
IT DOES HAPPEN & WE ALL KNOW IT DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
"Working the officials"
In my opinion you take the officials you have in your association and you train them and work them until they become better at least! To me saying that there is an overall decline in the numbers is an excuse as to why we don't train them better!
-
Dress code for Players?
I think they should be dressed nicely or in the same type of team issued sweat suit!
-
Middle School Basketball
Sharp Middle School is the following on the season: 20-6--regular season record (Posted it was 19-6 earlier, was mistaken) 20-3--against 7th grade school teams (Losses to Bracken Co. first game of the season, CC-Purple in Harrison Co. tournament, and Summit View during conference play) 12-1 in Conference--only loss is to Summit View & is the only conference loss in 2 seasons
-
Middle School Basketball
Sharp MS struggled in their first game in about 10 days as they beat Newport 33-26 tonight in Falmouth. The game was a bit sluggish and you could tell that PC had not played in awhile. Newport played hard and battled all night. Sharp was led by Monroe with 11 points and the Appleman kid added 6. Several players scored a bucket tonight for Sharp! Sharp improved to 19-6 on the season and had 3 games canceled last week due to weather.
-
Mason County vs St. Patrick Monday night
Mason County wins this EASILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Middle School Basketball
In the past when we have had teams play there or I have been there just as an observer the officials are pretty good. They could be better b/c I know quite a few who could be asked to ref, but usually are not.
-
2008 Boys All "A" State Championship Contest
Round 1 Bardstown Paintsville UHA LCA Murray Rose Hill Gallatin County Hazard Round 2 Paintsville UHA Rose Hill Gallatin County Semi-Finals Paintsville UHA Championship Paintsville :dancingpa TB- 140
-
Middle School Basketball
The KBA does things the way they are supposed to be done, a classy and well done job every time. The 7th grade tourney should be a very interesting one!!!
-
"Working the officials"
It is not an easy job by any means, but there are FAR to many "un-qualified" people trying to be referees! Not for sure who's fault that is: the ones training or the ones being trained??
-
"Working the officials"
You can work them and still be their friend. If an official respects you as a coach, you will have a better relationship with him. However, I think the coaches who work the officials and respect them get further than the ones who do not respect them! Maybe an obvious statement, but it is true!
-
Bluegrass/NKY Regional Contest Week #9
7-Harrison County 5-Tates Creek 3-Woodford County 2-Boyle County 1-Mercer County TB:Tates Creek
-
Best dunker from your high school?
Are you thinking of Sean Pennington that played w/Richie Farmer and for Coach Bobby Keith in the mid to late 80's?
-
Miss Basketball Predictions
I'd have to say Monique Reid!
-
Augusta 62 Evangel Christian 58
Nice win!
-
10th Region All A Tournament Team
Congrats to these players!
-
Bishop Brossart 66 St. Patrick 62
I was wandering the same thing?
-
Middle School Basketball
Been a lot of mess ups on the NKMSBL schedules. How does that happen? I mean honestly, who is making out these schedules?
-
St. Pat vs. Augusta Updates
I really thought this would be closer, especially with St. Pat. playing Deming already. This may be the Patties year!
-
What needs to happen in boys basketball to make it a better game.
I agree with The Scribe 1000% about the officials. The overall state of officials is down compared to just 5 seasons ago. I go to some games and wander how these guys are even officiating the game I am watching. I couldn't have said it better myself regarding the officials. There needs to be standards for all official associations and the recruitment of young officials should be enhanced and teaching them the basics of how to be a good official.