Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jeffersontown coach suspended.

Featured Replies

from the Courier-Journal:

 

J'town's Morrow suspended

 

Jeffersontown High School boys' basketball coach Jeff Morrow has been suspended for four games and his program has been placed on probation for violation of recruiting rules.

 

In announcing the sanctions Tuesday, the Kentucky High School Athletic Association said Morrow made improper contact with an athlete who was a student at another school and who subsequently transferred to J'town.

 

link to entire story:

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/khs/blog.html

Interesting.

Very interesting. I am sure a lot of coaches would sit out 4 games for a D-1 sophomore. Recruiting is hard to stop but I am glad to see a penalty enforced. It is hard to come up with the proper punishment for a situation like this. Do you fine the school or coach? Is the suspension the right amount or should it have been longer? Thoughts?

I think it's just a slap on the wrist, another case of the KHSAA having no teeth, and not appealed because the school and coach were afraid of a harsher penalty had they chosen to appeal.

By accepting the punishment admits guilt. I'm sorry, but if I did nothing wrong I would fight it tooth and nail.

Heres a situation, tell me what you think...

 

Team A plays team B.... Team A beats team B pretty handily. After the game, a parent of one of the kids from team A walks up to team B's only double digit scorer on the night and has conversation away from everyone else. They both leave the conversation smiling and with a handshake. Would you consider this a problem???

Heres a situation, tell me what you think...

 

Team A plays team B.... Team A beats team B pretty handily. After the game, a parent of one of the kids from team A walks up to team B's only double digit scorer on the night and has conversation away from everyone else. They both leave the conversation smiling and with a handshake. Would you consider this a problem???

 

Nope

Oh, let the recruiting begin!

 

Four games for a Division I player? Take it, have the player sit out for the last semester of the season and the first for next year and then you have him for a year and a half. Sounds like a good deal to me.

 

Way to go KHSAA!

Nope

 

Hmm...Interesting...I should have put why or why not also... But anyways, why do you say no? Jw...

Hmm...Interesting...I should have put why or why not also... But anyways, why do you say no? Jw...

 

Do we know if the parents of the player from team A somehow knows the parents of the player from team B? Maybe they do know each other from somewhere or somehow? No one knows.

Makes you wonder about the Jordan Adams transfer from Scott Co., and subsequent return to SC.

This goes on all the time and you can bet even at the 6th and 7th grade level kids are getting swayed.

Everyone needs to watch the rules closely on this one.

IT DOES HAPPEN & WE ALL KNOW IT DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a rule going into effect in 08-09 that 7th graders on up must attend that feeder schools high school when they are freshmen or be ineligible their freshman year? I am not stating this as fact, I was wondering if I dreamed this or actually heard this. Has anybody else heard this, it seemed a year or two ago that was mentioned.

 

(I know this is not about Jeffersontown but an above post mentioned 6th and 7th graders getting swayed, so I thought I would throw it in)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.