Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Some fans yell the dumbest things

Featured Replies

In another thread I saw a couple of references to dumb things yelled from the stands and thought it would make an entertaing thread. What are the stupidest things that you have heard yelled from the stands this year? Whether mis-informed things yelled at refs or parents yelling at the kids.

 

I heard a fan screaming for a three second call against a player when they took 4 consecutive shots from the paint.

 

Also heard a mother yell at her daughter that if she didn't stop playing with her hair that she was going to shave her bald.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a mother yell the other night to watch number 10, "she is pushing all the time" and there wasn't anumber 10 for either team. She did this for 5 min of the quarter.

 

Also heard a guy yell call it the same on both ends and his team didn't have a foul on the board...3-0

One of my favorites was a fan screaming for a 5 second count when the ball was not past half court yet.

 

One of my big annoyances is when a player is shooting free throws and right when the player shoots someone "whistles/shrieks" really loudly. By the way, it didn't work- the players made their free throws.

I heard someone yell "you are a good ref"

 

Just kidding..I did hear someone offer their bifocals to the ref.

I like when they yell that they should be shooting the bonus when the offense commits a foul, illegal screen, pushing off, etc..

I like when they yell that they should be shooting the bonus when the offense commits a foul, illegal screen, pushing off, etc..

 

I guess you mean a player control foul and not just an offensive foul, right?

I guess you mean a player control foul and not just an offensive foul, right?

 

Are you trying to be funny?:laugh: There are no player control fouls on the offensive end anymore. All offensive fouls result in a non-bonus shooting violation.

 

Maybe you are the one I keep hearing yell?

Are you trying to be funny?:laugh: There are no player control fouls on the offensive end anymore. All offensive fouls result in a non-bonus shooting violation.

 

Maybe you are the one I keep hearing yell?

 

So you simply ignore 4-19-6 which says "a player control foul is a common foul committed by a player while he/she is IN CONTROL (emphasis added) of the ball or by an airborne shooter"?????

If the offense has posession of the ball and commits a foul it does not result in shooting the bonus for the defensive team. I cannot quote you chapter and verse, but I guarantee you that is the rule. It was changed several years back and is the perfect example of parents yealling at the officials when they are using rules from 15-20 years ago when they played.

If the offense has posession of the ball and commits a foul it does not result in shooting the bonus for the defensive team. I cannot quote you chapter and verse, but I guarantee you that is the rule. It was changed several years back and is the perfect example of parents yealling at the officials when they are using rules from 15-20 years ago when they played.

 

So A1 shoots the ball. While the ball is in the air, A2 shoves B2 under the basket. Are you saying that there would be no bonus FT awarded if team A had 7 or more fouls?

 

Are you also saying that if B2 went for the rebound, tipped it, but while tipping it A2 shoved him that there would be no bonus FTs awarded?

So A1 shoots the ball. While the ball is in the air, A2 shoves B2 under the basket. Are you saying that there would be no bonus FT awarded if team A had 7 or more fouls?

 

Are you also saying that if B2 went for the rebound, tipped it, but while tipping it A2 shoved him that there would be no bonus FTs awarded?

 

Per the rules, after a shot and before a rebound, no one has posession of the ball, so there is no offense or defense, so this would result in a bonus situation.

 

A better example would be O1 has the ball and dribbles off of an illegal screen set by O2. D1 is fouled and her team is in the bonus. She does not get to shoot the bonus, but instead her team would receive the ball out of bounds. (and the uneducated parents yell at the refs from the stands that their kid should be shooting the bonus.)

Per the rules, after a shot and before a rebound, no one has posession of the ball, so there is no offense or defense, so this would result in a bonus situation.

 

)

 

So we're playing a game of semantics. If a fan yells from the stands in one of my examples where the offensive team fouled (yes, I know there is no longer team control), they would be correct that a bonus should be shot, right?

 

And if a fan replied to an official who said there are no player control fouls on the offensive end anymore to "read the rulebook," said fan would be correct, right? By definition, the ONLY way you can have a PC foul is while the ball is in the offense's possession.

So we're playing a game of semantics. If a fan yells from the stands in one of my examples where the offensive team fouled (yes, I know there is no longer team control), they would be correct that a bonus should be shot, right?

 

And if a fan replied to an official who said there are no player control fouls on the offensive end anymore to "read the rulebook," said fan would be correct, right? By definition, the ONLY way you can have a PC foul is while the ball is in the offense's possession.

 

Not sure what you mean by yor last example - but here is what happens. Used to be that a player control foul resulted in no bonus being shot, but the rest of the offensive fouls (i.e. illegal screens, etc.) did result in a bonus being shot. Now the rule states that all fouls committed by the offense are non-bonus shooting fouls. Yes, they still have to be the offense which means they have to be in posession of the ball, but if they are, and they commit a foul, no one will be shooting the bonus.

Not sure what you mean by yor last example - but here is what happens. Used to be that a player control foul resulted in no bonus being shot, but the rest of the offensive fouls (i.e. illegal screens, etc.) did result in a bonus being shot. Now the rule states that all fouls committed by the offense are non-bonus shooting fouls. Yes, they still have to be the offense which means they have to be in posession of the ball, but if they are, and they commit a foul, no one will be shooting the bonus.

 

I follow you but you first said there was no such thing as a player control foul anymore. So I was a bit skeptical of what you were saying. I understand that PC and team control fouls no longer result in FTs.

I follow you but you first said there was no such thing as a player control foul anymore. So I was a bit skeptical of what you were saying. I understand that PC and team control fouls no longer result in FTs.

 

I guess I should have said there is not difference between a player control foul and any other offensive foul as it relates to shooting the bonus.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.